PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2009, 04:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc mogul

techdummy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
htc mogul flash from Sprint to Alltel

Will someone please give me extremely easy instruction to flash my htc mogul from Sprint to Alltel. I need step by step beginning to end. I have all of the cords and books that came with the phone. Thank you everyone for your help. Alltel is just down right rude and I would change carriers if possible but I live 18 miles from the closest town and my service is limited.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid
Carrier: Verizon

BigRedGonzo is becoming a great contributor
Re: htc mogul flash from Sprint to Alltel

The easiest thing to do in my opinion would be to download the latest Alltel ROM from the HTC site and flash. It is a WM6.1 build and works well. It has a lot of bloat stuff in it, but I thought it worked pretty well.

Download the file. Put the phone in the cradle and establish an active sync connection (or WMDC connection) depending on XP or Vista and run the downloaded file. It should take about 10 minutes.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:35 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

But there is no reason to do this unless you are for sure that Alltel will accept the esn in there system. Otherwise you go through the hassel and the phone wouldnt get activated
Old 07-09-2009, 08:43 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: Alltel

klindoug is a n00b

Great point before, make sure that Alltel will accept the ESN. I flashed a Sprint 6800 to Alltel, it is time consuming the first flash while you get used to things. I lied to Alltel telling them that it was an Alltel branded 6800 and that it had the Alltel logo on the front, if the ESN is not in the system, then they usually just create the account for it. You will need to change settings using QPST, this will make it so that the cell phone towers will update the phone's PRL #. You will need to change these to 6 0's (zeros) (000000). You will need to research with google to find the program and walkthrough how to do it (it's been about 1.5 years since I did this and can't remember exactly). That is the most important part. Then, you can unlock the phone, update the radio with an Alltel radio and load wm 6.5 or whatever you want. I'm sorry I can't be concise, but I can't remember exactly how to do these things. But, I can tell you it works, and my phone is evidence that it does. It just takes some research. Now, I forgot to tell you, you can't see if Alltel will activate the phone until you've made these changes. You will need to have these all done before you call because they will want to see if it will accept the PRL update (I believe it's *227). Make sure to keep all records of old numbers that will be changes in the QPST, just in case you have to revert back. Good luck-
Old 07-13-2009, 11:52 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Blackberry Storm
Carrier: T-Mobile

seraphazaziel79 is a n00b

Alltel will accept the ESN. Do not under any circumstances tell them that you are using a Sprint Phone. I have Alltel service on my Mogul with all features including GPS running perfect.
Old 07-26-2009, 10:57 PM
Lurker

C_J_GO is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by klindoug View Post
Great point before, make sure that Alltel will accept the ESN. I flashed a Sprint 6800 to Alltel, it is time consuming the first flash while you get used to things. I lied to Alltel telling them that it was an Alltel branded 6800 and that it had the Alltel logo on the front, if the ESN is not in the system, then they usually just create the account for it. You will need to change settings using QPST, this will make it so that the cell phone towers will update the phone's PRL #. You will need to change these to 6 0's (zeros) (000000). You will need to research with google to find the program and walkthrough how to do it (it's been about 1.5 years since I did this and can't remember exactly). That is the most important part. Then, you can unlock the phone, update the radio with an Alltel radio and load wm 6.5 or whatever you want. I'm sorry I can't be concise, but I can't remember exactly how to do these things. But, I can tell you it works, and my phone is evidence that it does. It just takes some research. Now, I forgot to tell you, you can't see if Alltel will activate the phone until you've made these changes. You will need to have these all done before you call because they will want to see if it will accept the PRL update (I believe it's *227). Make sure to keep all records of old numbers that will be changes in the QPST, just in case you have to revert back. Good luck-
I got my 6800 to work with the Alltel ROM, but it does not release the Sprint towers and grab Alltel towers. I assume I need to update the PRL number correct? Where do you get the QPST program at? I google'd it and I cannot find a working program....they all lead me to dead ends at RapidShare.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:13 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Yes you need a alltel prl. Once you download the prl use EPST ##778 and upload the prl through that.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:41 PM
Lurker

C_J_GO is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcam888 View Post
Yes you need a alltel prl. Once you download the prl use EPST ##778 and upload the prl through that.
When I typed in ##778, and hit edit, it asked me for an unlock code. Any ideas whatSprint puts it at?
Old 07-28-2009, 07:34 AM
Lurker

C_J_GO is a n00b

Nevermind, I found the code and got the values changed

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan