PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2009, 12:26 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: None
Carrier: Cellcom

infinitus is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Removing ROMs????

Is there a way to remove the rom / radio rom in place on my 6800? I can't figure out how to get different roms to load... I have SPL-2.4.Olipro on there. I successfully loaded one rom; booted twice and now I don't even get a boot screen. So I'm wondering if I can get mtty or something to remove the current rom in hopes that I can start over again.

~infinitus
Old 07-01-2009, 01:05 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

infinitus is a n00b
Re: Removing ROMs????

do you people not like my name or something? lol.

found a bit of help here:

http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index...mes_BootLoader

I do believe I was able to remove the ROMs I had on there... Not a sure thing but...

Now I just have to try to reload.
Old 07-01-2009, 07:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid
Carrier: Verizon

BigRedGonzo is becoming a great contributor

Can you get the phone to go into the bootloader (tri-color screen?) Press the power, camera and reset buttons all at the same time and hold for about 2 seconds. If it will go into bootloader mode, then you should be able load anything you want. I have been lurking around here for a while now and have never heard any mention of "removing" a ROM or radio, but they are easily replaced. If you can get the bootloader screen up, but still have problems flashing a different ROM, you can load one from an sd card very easily. In fact, I prefer flashing from the sd card. IMHO, it is much faster. There are sticky threads in the Titan Upgrades section that will walk you through the process.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-01-2009, 07:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid

BigRedGonzo is becoming a great contributor

I just read the other thread where you gave up on the big questions, so let me try and help. Assuming you can press power, camera and reset simultaneously and get a bootloader screen....

1. Download a cooked ROM of your choosing. There are several cooks that provide clean cooked ROMs, you'll just have to search, but make sure you download one for the Titan. I personally use the clean WM6.5 ROMs by jmartin72. They are clean and I have had no glitches using them.

2. Un-ZIP or un-RAR the file into a folder on the PC.

3. Look in that folder and find a file with an .nbh extension and copy it to a FAT32 formatted, 2GB or less sd card.

4. Rename the file to TITAIMG.nbh. The file must be named this to work.

5. Put the card into your phone and enter the bootloader. Press power, camera and the little recessed reset hole on the bottom of the phone all at the same time.

6. You should see the bootloader screen for a second or two and then a grey screen with blue writing on it. In the middle of that screen, you should see directions saying something about pressing the power button to update. Press the power button.

7. Wait for the update to finish. It shouldn't take but a minute or so. The last time I timed mine and it took 1 minute 10 seconds.

8. After it is complete, lay the phone on a flat surface and press the two softkeys (the ones on the front bottom of the phone with white dots on them) and the bottom reset button at the same time and hold for about two seconds. You should be at another grey screen.

9. This screen will say something to the effect of "To update press the R key on the keyboard." Slide out the keyboard and press the "R" key. You should get a progress bar and this will take about the same time as the original flash. This is called a hard reset and, from what I've read, it is wise to do this after a flash of a new ROM.

10. When the update is complete, the same grey screen will say, "Press the space bar to reboot," or something to that effect. Slide out the keyboard and press the space bar.

11. The phone should reboot. The initial boot after a flash takes a while (several minutes.) My phone actually goes to sleep during the reboot. You will eventually hear a beep and the initial WM screen should pop up with instructions to tap anywhere to do the initial set-up. I actually have to press the power button to wake the phone up after I hear the beep.

12. Go through the set-up procedure and soft reset the phone after WM starts up completely.

Since you flashed the Alltel ROM, I am assuming (hoping) that you have a good radio (3.42.50) on the phone. If not, I won't be of much help because I have never changed the radio only on my phone, but there are instructions on this site to change the radio also.

Sometimes it can be frustrating waiting for a reply to a thread, but remember that these guys are here voluntarily and have jobs and lives too. Let me know if this helps or if you have any other questions.
Old 07-01-2009, 08:21 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

infinitus is a n00b

I'll try again... but I've been through a lot of this... I can get into bootloader. I can hard reset. I can connect my phone to computer. I can do all kinds of things. But loading roms has proven unreliable for me. I don't even know if I have anything on the phone, because I don't have a bootload screen (is that disabled with alltel? It didn't show up when it booted before either).

Thanks for the advice.

~iNFiNiTUS
Old 07-01-2009, 09:15 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Put in in bootloader and put a rom on the sd card. Remember it must be 2gb or under in size.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:59 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

infinitus is a n00b

************the Phone Is Cashed!!!! *************
Old 07-01-2009, 11:40 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

What is it cashed what did you do last and what will it do now.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6800

ayato is keeping up the good workayato is keeping up the good workayato is keeping up the good work

Tell us what you see on your screen and if you can get it into bootloader, and we will get your phone in good health the best we can.
Radio: 3.42.50
SPL: nueSPL-2.47
Old 07-01-2009, 08:58 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

infinitus is a n00b

Sorry. I should have been more specific. The phone has most likely has hardware problems. mtty is giving Read errors for certain commands which apparently means that it's corrupt. It makes sense. Thanks for all the help.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan