PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   First ROM cook...? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=73143)

boblpn 06-28-2009 08:57 PM

First ROM cook...?

I just stepped out of the box and cooked my first ROM. I have a couple of ? I'd like some assistance if you please for a noob and virgin chef.

1. I haven't completely explored the unit yet, but right off the bat, I see that the camera is not working. It says there is not a signed trusted certif or a component couldn't be found.

2. Also, when trying to click / select Contacts, nothing happens.

3. Alltel dialed #777 to connect to Internet (VERY SLOW) compared to 6.1 (not #777) but using my minutes. Couldn't find anyway to disconnect #777 connection. Any ideas?

I started with WM6.5 and added a few things. I've still got the kitchen up with my selections.

I like the look of 6.5 with the scrolling screen, but I don't like having programs that don't work, as they did with 6.1.

Could someone please assist with what I need to choose for my ROM so that camera is enabled?

Do I need to rebuild the ROM with a camera selected? I thought I did.

Thanks

mattsm 06-28-2009 09:33 PM

Re: First ROM cook...?

Quote:

Originally Posted by boblpn (Post 1002828)
I just stepped out of the box and cooked my first ROM. I have a couple of ?

I haven't completely explored the unit yet, but right off the bat, I see that the camera is not working. It says there is not a signed trusted certif or a component couldn't be found.

I started with WM6.5 and added a few things. I've still got the kitchen up with my selections.

Could someone please assist with what I need to choose for my ROM so that camera is enabled?

Thanks

You have to select a camera in the kitchen in order to have one.
A simple note also when building with 6.5 neu kernel control is a must as well.
Good luck with your build.

any time a selection is made or changed then you must recook.

boblpn 06-28-2009 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattsm (Post 1002874)
You have to select a camera in the kitchen in order to have one.
A simple note also when building with 6.5 neu kernel control is a must as well.
Good luck with your build.

any time a selection is made or changed then you must recook.

What is the minimum I should select when cooking?

I didn't select ANY of the neukernel stuff, because I didn't know what it was / did.

I selected basic things that I recognized or have seen in other posts.

boblpn 06-28-2009 09:38 PM

And about the contacts? That was an OP edit, so you didn't see that when first replied.

When I select Contacts, nothing happens. I can't add new.

boblpn 06-28-2009 09:43 PM

Is there a way to manage / decrease the amount of Icons when you hit Start?

It looks like everything I cooked appears on one screen. Is it different than 6.1 where you hit Start>Programs, or Start?Settings?

boblpn 06-28-2009 09:46 PM

It dials #777. With 6.1, when I hit Internet, it almost immediately connected to Internet. Now it dials, is slow, and Google home page is SO SMALL, I can't even read it.

What's up?

DavidinCT 06-28-2009 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boblpn (Post 1002828)

Thanks

You can download the camera and just install it, if you want to keep your current rom...

Quote:

Originally Posted by boblpn (Post 1002900)
Is there a way to manage / decrease the amount of Icons when you hit Start?

It looks like everything I cooked appears on one screen. Is it different than 6.1 where you hit Start>Programs, or Start?Settings?

The nice thing is you can scrol the screen with your finger now, Not have to use the stylus to get everywhere, I love this part. All the icons will show there, unless they are in a sub folder. Any thing of the control panel should be in settings, unless it's a 3rd party program that does not belong there.

You can edit this if you want a little, go to \windows\start menu and programs, then you can see them all, you can create a folder then move the icons into the folders if you want to clean it up a little......

Quote:

Originally Posted by boblpn (Post 1002908)
It dials #777. With 6.1, when I hit Internet, it almost immediately connected to Internet. Now it dials, is slow, and Google home page is SO SMALL, I can't even read it.

What's up?

The new IE is like some other pocket browsers, It show it really small but, shows the full page, not a mobile version like 6.1 (yuk !), double click (or is it a single click?) and it will zoom in. There is also a zoom level bar on there too...

Use your finger to scrool to the part you want to read then click on the sceen and it will zoom in...

Pretty cool, huh ?

Yea, it is slower....Not sure how to fix that one...