PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Bell 6800 freezes on logo screen (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=73105)

kieller 06-28-2009 11:48 AM

Bell 6800 freezes on logo screen

I'm guessing my Titan from Bell mobility is Bricked. Freezes on the Bell logo when the phone turns on. Cannot turn off with the power button, have tried hard reset, tried taking battery off, have tried to get into the bootloader power+camera + reset, phone just keeps reseting and freezing on the Bell logo. I have searched for hours on this, but all I ever find is to go into the bootloader and that fixes other peoples problem. But, what if you can't get into it? Even Bell has no idea what is wrong with it. Any help would be appreciated. ](*,)

drewcam888 06-28-2009 09:25 PM

Re: Bell 6800 freezes on logo screen

What did you do to get to this point? Flash a custom rom? What radio, rom, and bootloader version do you have. Are you able to get into bootloader?

kieller 06-29-2009 12:27 PM

I tried to flash it with Titan Unlocker (I beleive it showed Olipro 1.20). Then flashed the radio to 3.42.40. So then once it flashed to the new Radio it rebooted, and went straight to the Bell Logo. I have tried many times to get into the bootloader, but every time I try the power+camera+reset, it just keeps going to the Bell Logo, and will not enter bootloader. I found read somewhere that Olipro 1.20 does not work with version 3 radios? ](*,)

drewcam888 06-29-2009 01:27 PM

Correct it does not work with your radio. You needed 2.4 or 2.47. Hmm try to download the 2.4 and install it. I dont know if it will recognize the phone in the mode you are in. YOu might be kinda screwed if you cant get into boot loader. Are you sure you are holding all the buttons in for a second or two before releasing.

kieller 06-30-2009 12:26 AM

Unfortunatly the phone will not connect to the computer or read from the SD card. I wish I could say I wasn't pressing one of the keys hard enough or long enough, but I've even tried holding power+reset and not letting go after the reset, but to no avail, just keeps going to the Bell logo. It's too bad nobody has found a way to fix this problem. But anyways, thanks for trying to help me. At least there is one post on the web now, for other people with the same problem as me. They know the phone is toast. ;(

drewcam888 06-30-2009 10:21 AM

Are oyu holding the power button in also

kieller 06-30-2009 11:21 AM

you bet. I've held both buttons down for as long as 7 seconds. The amount of time it takes for the black screen to go away and the logo screen to appear. I've tried holding all three in for the same 7 seconds as well. I have tried holding both the power and camera buttons and all three in for anywhere from 1 sec and up. No matter the amount of time I hold any of them, still no bootloader.