PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2009, 12:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul 6800
Carrier: Alltel

boblpn is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Somebody please explain...

I'm a noob here. Recently bought and activated a 6800 with Alltel

I am subscribed to the Nat'l Freedom 900 plan (I called Alltel today to double-check and confirm they didn't add something when I activated the 6800) and share with three other phones in the house.

I do not, I repeat, DO NOT have a Smart Choice addition, nor do I have an Alltel Connect Pack add-on (confirmed in the above phone call)

I have the WiFi / Bluetooth features (as knowledgeable as I am) disabled (or turned off) on my 6800; no blue or green flashing lights indicating that they are active. And the WiFi switch on the side of the phone is in the OFF position.

Please tell me how I am able to access the Internet on my 6800 without being connected via WiFi to my home router and when driving around without a data plan added to my account. I don't understand.

Is it accessing the Internet via my anytime phone minutes? What's up?

Thanks
Old 06-24-2009, 12:40 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Somebody please explain...

You are accessing alltel data connection which charges per kb since you dont have a data plan. Get read for a big bill if you have been online without a data package. Data works without a plan but they charge you crazy amounts. You need a data block on your line if you dont want any data.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcam888 View Post
You are accessing alltel data connection which charges per kb since you dont have a data plan. Get read for a big bill if you have been online without a data package. Data works without a plan but they charge you crazy amounts. You need a data block on your line if you dont want any data.
1. Where do I look on my phone to see how many KB I've used in the past day or two?

2. Is the Alltel connect pack (min price of $9.99) what I would need to access data?

Thank you, thank you

Bob
Old 06-24-2009, 02:03 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

http://www.alltel.com/wps/portal/All...ConnectBundles here ya go.
Old 06-24-2009, 02:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

What's the difference between Alltel connect pack 1 and Alltel mobile web, other than $4.00 per month?
Old 06-24-2009, 02:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

This in the small print at bottom of page below the connect packs. Does this apply to my 6800? Does anyone else have the Connect Pack 1 on their 6800?

"Not available to customers with BlackBerry or other smartphone devices." See website below...

http://www.alltel.com/wps/portal/All...connectbundles
Old 06-24-2009, 02:47 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

call your carrier or google your question like i did, i know nothing about alltel and google helped answer part of your question. im sure alltel will know.
Old 06-24-2009, 02:50 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i doubt your phone will tell you how many KB you are using, i would look online at your account or call your CS rep and ask.

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Old 06-24-2009, 02:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

What is the cheapest way I can use my 6800 to get on the net?

The 9.99 connect pack or 4.99 mobile web?

Or, since the 6800 is considered a smart phone, am I required to have a Smart Choice Plan? (real expensive because we have 4 total phones; 40 for mine, and 20 for each of the other 3 (not smart phones))

In all, I want to avoid the Smart Choice plans. I'd like the net connection, and if the 9.99 connect pack works for others, is that the way to go?
Old 06-24-2009, 02:56 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by boblpn View Post
What is the cheapest way I can use my 6800 to get on the net?

The 9.99 connect pack or 4.99 mobile web?

Or, since the 6800 is considered a smart phone, am I required to have a Smart Choice Plan? (real expensive because we have 4 total phones; 40 for mine, and 20 for each of the other 3 (not smart phones))

In all, I want to avoid the Smart Choice plans. I'd like the net connection, and if the 9.99 connect pack works for others, is that the way to go?
Dude call alltel and ask them.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan