PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2009, 09:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul 6800
Carrier: Alltel

boblpn is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How do I install...

.cab files via USB without an SD card?

Waiting on SD card, but would like to install a couple of programs, i.e., TotalCommander (registry editor), pocketnowenablewlangmode.cab

Can I install these w/o an SD card? If so, what's the process? I've got the winrar program, but not sure exactly how to use it. Nooby here.

Thanks.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:37 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: How do I install...

i use ppc for all dl's, just put the tc cab on maimmem. when you get sd card just move them over. does that help.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:45 PM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by boblpn View Post
.cab files via USB without an SD card?

Waiting on SD card, but would like to install a couple of programs, i.e., TotalCommander (registry editor), pocketnowenablewlangmode.cab

Can I install these w/o an SD card? If so, what's the process? I've got the winrar program, but not sure exactly how to use it. Nooby here.

Thanks.
umm...why not copy them straight to the device and install just as if they were on a memory card.
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post
5. Everyone who thanks my post will receive instant karma!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
MordyT is right.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:46 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordyt View Post
umm...why not copy them straight to the device and install just as if they were on a memory card.
sounds like my answer.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul 6800
Carrier: Alltel
Threadstarter

boblpn is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordyt View Post
I'm still a little foggy as to how to install / extract / expand a .cab

I think I understand what you are trying to say, but I'm unsure of the steps.

Could you dumb it down and give me a step-by-step for say, program / file 'x'?

Thanks
Old 06-22-2009, 10:31 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

cabs are a self extracting archive. all you need is to copy and paste the cab from the pc to the device or download using pocket internet explorer, then navigate to file using file explorer, tap and install to device memory. easy peasy. darren's answer expanded a little.

Last edited by demonlordoftheround; 06-22-2009 at 10:38 PM.
Old 06-23-2009, 12:29 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Titan/mogul

bertrenolds is becoming a great contributor

Active sync, make sure your phone is connected and then explore the phone and drop the cab on the phone.
Old 06-23-2009, 12:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon

ayato is keeping up the good workayato is keeping up the good workayato is keeping up the good work

If you have the .cab file on your computer, connect your phone via usb activesync. Once connected, you can click on the explore button on activesync (For windows XP) which lets you look at the files and folders on your phone. Copy that .cab file you have to anywhere you want on the phone. I usually put it in the My Documents folder. Once copied to your phone. Go to the file explorer program on your phone and get to that file. Then you just click on it. The .cab file knows what to do on your phone. Simply click it and it will step you through the rest.
Radio: 3.42.50
SPL: nueSPL-2.47
Old 06-23-2009, 12:50 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Titan/mogul

bertrenolds is becoming a great contributor

You really don't need a sd card, you can do everything with a usb, the only thing you use the sd card for is to install a radio with 2.4, us the usb cable, your gonna us it for almost everything else anyways.

best USB option is to start with olipro 1.2 here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=332381 then install the new Titan Radio ROM 3.42.50 here http://www.geek-pages.com/rom/Titan%...%203.42.50.rar which is awsome, I get 2 bars in my house when I couldn't even get a signal with sprints crappy radio. You use RUU to install the radio which you get here ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Titan/RUU/RUU.rar you extract the .nbh titan radio file and put it in the RUU folder where ever you extracted it to. Then you run the romupdateutility.exe and install the radio to the phone, reboot the phone and when it get's to the windows touch screen use active sync to install olipro 2.4 and boot back to the windows touch screen again(if you can't boot out of 2.4 use this ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Titan/Users/Im...tan_exitbl.rar and make sure Wcesmgr.exe Wcescomm.exe Rapimgr.exe are all disabled in task manager)
Then run active sync from the windows touch screen and then cook up a rom, I personally am now a big fan of wm6.5 21501 which has been great so far, might upgrade to 21815. You have to use olipro 1.2 to install the new titan radio if you are using a usb cable, otherwise if you have a sd card you can just install olipro 2.4 ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Titan/Users/Im...rd-SPL-MFG.exe
and then install the titan radio with a >2gb sd card with titan on it in the bootloader without installing olipro 1.2, your choice. Then get build OS http://ppckitchen.org/Downloads/BuildOS.msi and get cooking!

Last edited by bertrenolds; 06-23-2009 at 01:09 AM.
Old 06-23-2009, 08:27 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertrenolds View Post
You really don't need a sd card, you can do everything with a usb, the only thing you use the sd card for is to install a radio with 2.4, us the usb cable, your gonna us it for almost everything else anyways.

best USB option is to start with olipro 1.2 here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=332381 then install the new Titan Radio ROM 3.42.50 here !
Please stop telling people to install 1.2. This is not a good idea for gps roms and radio. Anyone can update there radio with an sd card with 2.4 or 2.47. I state again you need to go back to 1.2 unless you are rolling back to a pregps rom.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan