PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2009, 07:27 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon XV6800
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

elisherer is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Angry I "need" to switch from 6800 to Blackberry. Any ideas?

Very unhappy... my company upgraded to a new version of MS Exchange Server and now I can't get my (secure) email through my XV6800. I've tried other browsers (Skyfire, Opera Mini and Mobile, Iris, etc.) and none allow me full access to the company Webmail. They had been running an Office Mobile Access (OMA) site, but that was "discontinued" my Microsoft in the new version of Exchange server.

So it looks like I'll have to ditch my WinMo phone (and all the customizations, etc.) and move to Blackberry. Anyone know which I should look to for better functionality and flexibility? I want to be able to check personal email as well as the Outlook tie-in with the company, as well as full browsing, etc.

I know I can post this on the BBry boards, but wanted to start here for your learned experience and help!

thanks
Old 06-23-2009, 08:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

bambamsprint is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to bambamsprint
Re: I "need" to switch from 6800 to Blackberry. Any ideas?

whit a touch pro you can instal blacberry service and stay whot a windows device, im not sure if can be done in cdma devices but i have a fuze on t-mobile with BES service
Old 06-23-2009, 11:48 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

elisherer is a n00b

Unfortunately, the company doesn't want to do Blackberry Services for WinMo. They're being real tight on security issues and don't want more platforms to support than they need to.

I'll probably cross-post my original message on the BBry side as well.
Old 06-23-2009, 12:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: apache->samsung saga->omnia->TOUCH PRO2!!!!!!!
Carrier: Verizon

DJx79x is keeping up the good workDJx79x is keeping up the good work

since you are already on verizon i would suggest the storm. to me it seems to be the least boring BB but that isnt saying much.
Old 06-23-2009, 08:29 PM
Linux Administrator
Pocket PC: HTC Evo -- Rooted
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff

I wouldnt get the Storm! I do remote support for my company and I have to do all the BES activations and setups. When the Storm launched, I bet I had to activate 60 Storms on Launch day..... After about a week, i bet I had to reactivate over 3/4's of those users back to their old Blackberry... LOL
folks hated that Storm. I heard so many complaints from Storm users that it convinced me the Storm was a POS.

blackberries are OK, but they definately arent WinMo devices. And if your company is like ours, our IT policies are monitored even on personal phones that are running BES. So if a person has a personal BB, and they get it on BES, our companies IT policies are forced on the handset... which I think is pure crap.

Yup, Thats the actual speeds I get from my 1U production server
If my posts have been helpful in any way, please click the "Thanks" button --------------------------------> ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
Old 06-24-2009, 07:37 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

elisherer is a n00b

Quick note gang... thanks for the hkelp, but I was just informed that if I go to Blackberry I will NOT be able to do everything I can on WinMo. Not the system or applications, but the fact that the company will LOCK DOWN the phone when I get the Blackberry secure Server loaded up.

So I'm back to playing with browsers and trying to mimic a PC when using the mobile. Looks like I'm focused on Opera Mobile for now. Trying out the demo and then perhaps (shock!) paying for an applicaiton if I need to!
Old 06-24-2009, 10:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Alltel 6800 > Touch Pro > Imagio>Droid Razr
Carrier: Alltel>Verizon

mastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

My company just switch to the Exchange server and caused me much trouble with trying to access my email, calendar, etc. I was finally able to get it set up but it required a security certificate install.
I believe you will need to get a security certificate from your company to be able to set up your system.
If they are trying to lock out PPCs from accessing the Exchange server, I don't see much hope that you can access it regardless of what mobile platform you are using.
I don't think changing your phone will solve the problem.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan