PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2009, 04:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Black Berry
Carrier: Verizon

testerman1000 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question No More SPRINT service, and wifi problem with sprint bloat and Wm 6.5

Hi,
I dont have sprint service anymore and cannot call them to fix problems.

I did however upgrade (Flash) to the new Windows Mobile 6.1 using the one provided by Sprint and HTC from there website;

_HTC Mogul (Sprint)_RUU_TITAN_SPRINT_WWE_3.56.651.0_RS_TITAN_ 3.42.02_SPCS2.04_PPST_0718_Ship

It went well, and now my HTC 6800 (Sprint Mogul) states the following on the "about" page in the phone.

WM 6.1 Pro

CE OS 5.2.19208 (Build 19208.1.0.1) 2007 MS Corp.

Now for my PROBLEMS!

1) Wifi wont work.
Actually more specifically IE mobile doesn't work. It still tries to connect to the sprint network (I had the SERO Plan) using the cellular connection (which I dont have anymore). I tried to change the advanced settings to make all Internet programs to use the wireless connection, BUT THE WIRELESS CONECTION IS NOT LISTED AS A OPTION IN THE ADVANCED SETTINGS or any network settings! The wifi in my phone connects properly to my home network though, and I tried without any wifi mac filtering or wifi encryption, and still IE mobile wont connect.

How do I fix this? Is there an app that will auto set all the correct reg settings and everything?

I want to the use the Mogul as a Internet downloader to download Usenet binaries and if possible megaupload links (a more greener option that having the desktop on). Anyone know of any programs that can do this on windows mobile? I was hoping to use NZBmobile for usenet. Dont know of any rapidshare or megaupload downloader for the the mobile though (Like jdownloader for the desktops).

2) Sprint Bloat software and features. Basically is there a version of windows that is just the OS without the bloat from companies? Will WM 6.5 be too big for the HTC to handle? I saw this on the net

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=67673

Will it be too much for the mogul with the tiny memory on this thing?

3) any 3rd party GPS software that dont require a Net connection and can use preloaded maps? I have 8 GB card.

Thanks to all those who keep the site alive!
Old 06-21-2009, 08:39 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: No More SPRINT service, and wifi problem with sprint bloat and Wm 6.5

so does the wifi work or no? cuz PIE has nothing to do with ur wifi...

so u flashed to MetroPcs or something???

if yes u have to re setup your web settings and such...

i understand ur interest in the interner downloader thing, but as far as a "grenner" option, PC have been "energystar rated" for a few yrs now, so theyre pretty green on their own.. u seem to be on the right track for your apps since u have a few names already, just keep at ur search, i personally havent heard of apps like that for PPCs though, but thats just me...

6.5 will run on your mogul theres a very nice 6.5 qvga rom in here for the mogul users

did i miss anything?
Old 06-24-2009, 03:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Black Berry
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

testerman1000 is a n00b
Question Re: No More SPRINT service, and wifi problem with sprint bloat and Wm 6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
so does the wifi work or no? cuz PIE has nothing to do with ur wifi...

so u flashed to MetroPcs or something???

if yes u have to re setup your web settings and such...

i understand ur interest in the interner downloader thing, but as far as a "grenner" option, PC have been "energystar rated" for a few yrs now, so theyre pretty green on their own.. u seem to be on the right track for your apps since u have a few names already, just keep at ur search, i personally havent heard of apps like that for PPCs though, but thats just me...

6.5 will run on your mogul theres a very nice 6.5 qvga rom in here for the mogul users

did i miss anything?
Hey man thank you so much for your reply! Well the wifi says connected, so it must be working.

The problem is I cant select the wifi connection as the default one that "Internet programs" should connect to. How do you do this?

See I'm a bit new to mobile moding hacking. You couldn't trouble yourself to provide some links that show me how to get my wifi working could you? That really is my main problem now

Last edited by testerman1000; 06-24-2009 at 03:52 PM.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:32 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community
Re: No More SPRINT service, and wifi problem with sprint bloat and Wm 6.5

Ok, so you dont have the phone service on anymore, so you just want to use wifi connection, correct?
If thats the case you shouldnt have a problem connecting as long as your around an unsecured WiFi hotspot.
You can turn off your data connections so it just uses wifi. Go to start/settings/personal/phone/services/mode of operation and switch to 1x only.

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan