PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2009, 01:39 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Titan/mogul
Carrier: Sprint

bertrenolds is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Help!!

I feel like everyone is having the same problem and here is everything you need to know, cook a rom it's worth it! get 6.5

best USB option is to start with olipro 1.2 here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=332381 then boot to the windows touch screen message and then install the new Titan Radio ROM 3.42.50 here http://www.geek-pages.com/rom/Titan%...%203.42.50.rar which is awsome, I get 2 bars in my house when I couldn't even get a signal with sprints crappy radio. You use RUU to install the titan radio which you get here ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Titan/RUU/RUU.rar you extract the .nbh titan radio file out of the zipped folder and put it in the RUU folder where ever you extracted it to. Then you run the romupdateutility.exe and install the radio to the phone, you have to have activesync connected to run RUU. Reboot the phone and when it get's to the windows message telling you to touch the screen run active sync again to install olipro 2.4 and boot back to the windows touch screen once again(if you can't boot out of olipro2.4 use this cmd line ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Titan/Users/Im...tan_exitbl.rar and make sure Wcesmgr.exe Wcescomm.exe Rapimgr.exe are all disabled in task manager before you do)
Then run active sync when the phone is at the windows touch screen message again and cook up a rom, I personally am now a big fan of wm6.5 21501 which has been great so far, might upgrade to 21815. To cook get build OS http://ppckitchen.org/Downloads/BuildOS.msi and get cooking! pretty self explanitory, make sure you update, ONLY SELECT TITAN IF YOU DON'T WANT TO WAIT FOREVER.

A side note, You have to use olipro 1.2 to install the new titan radio if you are using a usb cable, otherwise if you have a sd card you can just install olipro 2.4 ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Titan/Users/Im...rd-SPL-MFG.exe
and then install the titan radio with a >2gb sd card with titan on it in the bootloader without installing olipro 1.2, your choice. Not worth buying a sd card for!!

Last edited by bertrenolds; 06-23-2009 at 01:56 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:20 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

randruff is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by boblpn View Post
If I change ROMs, will I lose WM6.1?
Hi Bobpln....I just wanted to clarify a couple of things for you for future reference. When you flash (change) ROMs, you will lose all of your information stored on your phones internal memory only. Your storage card (that is on its way) will be ok.

Secondly, I know you mentioned above about the phone being stuck at the Altel splash screen so I wanted to let you know that your phone *may* have not really been stuck. When you flash a new ROM to your device, the first boot of that ROM will always take significantly longer than normal.

Hope this helps
Old 06-23-2009, 05:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul 6800
Carrier: Alltel
Threadstarter

boblpn is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by randruff View Post
Secondly, I know you mentioned above about the phone being stuck at the Altel splash screen so I wanted to let you know that your phone *may* have not really been stuck. When you flash a new ROM to your device, the first boot of that ROM will always take significantly longer than normal.

Hope this helps
How long is 'significantly'? I was approaching 5 minutes
Old 06-24-2009, 01:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

randruff is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by boblpn View Post
How long is 'significantly'? I was approaching 5 minutes
When I first load a custom ROM for the first time, i'd say that it does take me roughly 5 minutes or so. I'm not too sure if it's the same with a stock ROM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan