PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2007, 12:22 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

thrasher086 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprints Weird Billing system. Free Phone?

So I purchased the PPC-6800 last Thursday and received on Friday. The lady discussed that it will be 452.53 after tax and there will also be 100 dollar mail-in rebate. I had them charge my credit card the price. Also an 18 dollar upgrade fee will be charged my account and not the credit card.

The next day after I got the phone, I checked my credit card and say they did charge the right amount(no double amount or anything). I then went to my account on Sprint.com to see if they charged me 18 bucks and to my surprise the money they charged on my credit card was credited to me. I had a left over bill for 33 bucks and now I have a credit of 417 or something. Not even the 18 dollar activation fee is there and I know they charge you right away once the phone is activated.

It has been almost a week and it is still there. Anyone know how Sprint bills or maybe I just lucked out? Thanks
Old 08-15-2007, 01:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 5
Carrier: Sprint SERO-Premium

ETphoneHOME is becoming a great contributor
Sprint bills are always screwed up. I went through an ordeal with them, trying to get my refund back on a phone I returned. First they charged me twice for the same phone, after they got that fixed they credited my account with over 400 dollars. Then they fixed that, now I am just waiting on my $150 deposit I put down on the first phone I ordered. So right now I have a 100 dollar credit on my account and a $150 check coming in the mail... it squares off even in the end. I don't know why they do this, I guess to keep our mouths shut while they think of ways to fix things.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: x
Carrier: x

Primenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Don't get to happy, that's how they do it, they will charge your account when it ships and it will balance out.

Just wondering why you didn't order from SERO it's only $288 and it's the cheapest Sprint plans (like $30 mo 500 min night/weekends free with unlimited data/internet and other pluses).

You can always send it back and reoreder
Don't forget you can also get the $75 Kellogs rebate (do a search) besides the $100 one.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:44 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

thrasher086 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primenall
Don't get to happy, that's how they do it, they will charge your account when it ships and it will balance out.

Just wondering why you didn't order from SERO it's only $288 and it's the cheapest Sprint plans (like $30 mo 500 min night/weekends free with unlimited data/internet and other pluses).

You can always send it back and reoreder
Don't forget you can also get the $75 Kellogs rebate (do a search) besides the $100 one.
Haha! Way ahead of you there. I had Sero for the past 2 years. They would not let me get the Sero price for the phone since it is for new customers.

I will have to start looking for that Kellogs one since that is a good amount of money also. Just to let you know I already had the phone for almost a week and they still didn't take the credit out.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

Priest is becoming a great contributor
Good for you! I have the exact opposite problem...

In July, I went to the SERO website, added 2 lines and got moguls for both lines ($288/each). They would bill my account. I get my Sprint bill today and it is almost $1300.

They charged me full price for one at: $585.99 -186.00 discount = $399.99 (Not $28

And then on the 2nd they charged me $585.99 -36.00 discount = $549.99 (Not $28

Plus over $100 in taxes, atop of the monthly service fees.

Looks like I'll be on the phone with Sprint all day tomorrow. The good news is I'm still within 30 days on both phones and I'll send them back before I pay a $1300 phone bill to Sprint.

-p-
Old 08-15-2007, 06:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

Dulanic is just getting started
I got way beyond lucky. I ordered 3 phones on 3 SERO lines which included 2 moguls.

One phone shipped first and I noticed I was overcharged $419 instead of $the $307 after tax I should have been charged. I called up and she is like you are being charged multiple times? I kept saying No and then she goes OK I credited bye. I wait two days and no credit to my card then I noticed my account showed -$419 and then they went and charged me on my bill the correct amount. So fine that one is OK. However for some reason she canceled the other two phone orders, however, I already received them! So far it's been a month and it looks like that's it I paid $307 for 2 moguls and a samsung M510.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iPhone 6 Plus 128gb
Carrier: AT&T

jtrag is keeping up the good workjtrag is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to jtrag Send a message via MSN to jtrag Send a message via Yahoo to jtrag Send a message via Skype™ to jtrag
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulanic
I got way beyond lucky. I ordered 3 phones on 3 SERO lines which included 2 moguls.

One phone shipped first and I noticed I was overcharged $419 instead of $the $307 after tax I should have been charged. I called up and she is like you are being charged multiple times? I kept saying No and then she goes OK I credited bye. I wait two days and no credit to my card then I noticed my account showed -$419 and then they went and charged me on my bill the correct amount. So fine that one is OK. However for some reason she canceled the other two phone orders, however, I already received them! So far it's been a month and it looks like that's it I paid $307 for 2 moguls and a samsung M510.
Lucky A$$... LOL I paid more than that for 1 mogul.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:12 AM
Oldguy
Pocket PC: Moto DROID
Carrier: vzw

nuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuff
Re: Sprints Weird Billing system. Free Phone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrasher086
So I purchased the PPC-6800 last Thursday and received on Friday. The lady discussed that it will be 452.53 after tax and there will also be 100 dollar mail-in rebate. I had them charge my credit card the price. Also an 18 dollar upgrade fee will be charged my account and not the credit card.

The next day after I got the phone, I checked my credit card and say they did charge the right amount(no double amount or anything). I then went to my account on Sprint.com to see if they charged me 18 bucks and to my surprise the money they charged on my credit card was credited to me. I had a left over bill for 33 bucks and now I have a credit of 417 or something. Not even the 18 dollar activation fee is there and I know they charge you right away once the phone is activated.

It has been almost a week and it is still there. Anyone know how Sprint bills or maybe I just lucked out? Thanks

Based on your IP address and location I was able to find your account.

You were correct, there was a grievious error on our (Sprints) part.

Your bill will show up as corrected within 3 billing cycles.

As for now, you will need to pay your current bill of 648.96 in a timely manner or the rebates and credits will be forfeited.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Have a wonderful day!

psych...

Have Wifi and GPS on your phone???
Check out Navizon. It's $$$ in your pocket!
http://my.navizon.com/Webapps/UserAd..._code=5E5D5D5F
Navizon- Get paid $s to use your phones GPS & Wifi!

My Navizon Thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=21590
Old 08-15-2007, 09:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iPhone 6 Plus 128gb
Carrier: AT&T

jtrag is keeping up the good workjtrag is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to jtrag Send a message via MSN to jtrag Send a message via Yahoo to jtrag Send a message via Skype™ to jtrag
Re: Sprints Weird Billing system. Free Phone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrasher086

Based on your IP address and location I was able to find your account.

You were correct, there was a grievious error on our (Sprints) part.

Your bill will show up as corrected within 3 billing cycles.

As for now, you will need to pay your current bill of 648.96 in a timely manner or the rebates and credits will be forfeited.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Have a wonderful day!

psych...
LOL
Old 08-15-2007, 01:53 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

thrasher086 is a n00b
Haha Good one.

Imagine Sprint doing something like that anyway.

I checked this morning and I still have the credit. I am starting to think I am getting a bit lucky here. I will be keeping it on the down low and not calling at all for months(hopefully).

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan