PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2009, 04:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

jaggy13 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TITAN Harware button failure/test?

I just picked up an extra titan from a friend that had it lying around.
mine is giving me issues and this was much more cost effective than an insurance claim/swap. (Plus waiting until they replace it with a TP)

I have upgraded the radio and ROM on the donor unit, before the upgrade the stock rom would have issues with the power button and the green phone button. When power was depressed from a sleep state the green light would go solid for 1 second then back to blinking. Any amount of button presses would have no effect. The only way to "wake" the device was to soft reset.

After a radio and rom upgrade the power button seems to work correctly however the green phone button still has no response. I can open the phone program via menu and send with soft keys but not with the hardware key.

The phone is currently not activated and it doesn't seem like it would need to be for that hardware button to work, is that the case?

Also is there a test mode I can put the device into to test the buttons? Or software?

I think I can use it as is with limited consequence, at least to get me by for now.

any input would be great. Thanks!
Old 06-21-2009, 08:42 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: TITAN Harware button failure/test?

why do u need a test app to test buttons, just press them lol..

also the mogul is being replaced with TPs, just gotta know how to do it i guess
Old 06-21-2009, 09:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

jaggy13 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I've been checking to see when it will be replaced with a TP, not in my area yet.

After the ROM update and the power button working correctly, I was curriouse if there was anything software related that could be de-activating the phone harware button.
My first thought was to remap it, but its not an option with the stock software.
I wanted a basic app to test the hardware to confirm the physical connection existed without having to tear the hardware apart. I just wanted to know the easiest way to diagnose it before I risk breaking plastic parts.
Old 06-22-2009, 03:01 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

dont do advanced exchange.. use www.phoneclaim.com, youll get a TP for your moguls, i just got 2 NIBs not more than 4 days ago
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan