PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2008, 09:13 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Carrier: Sprint

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
Titan Android and Linux WIP (warning high res photos)

If you would like to read more on it you can read it here. Here are the pix!
~Mike

Linux

Android

This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Titan

courtlandre is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Titan Android and Linux WIP (warning high res photos)

I don't get it. Hasnt someone gotten it to run on the mogul already? It just didnt have phone support or touchscreen support really.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:53 PM
Founder & Owner
Threadstarter

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions

not sure really just posting my progress.
~mike
Old 05-12-2008, 10:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Richard Ward is a n00b

It has been done before (I did it with the 6700, following another's guide). I'd love to see a decent guide if this is more stable than past Linux overlays. Keep it up!

Oh, them? That's just my network, I guess... (Converted Alltel Customer)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-13-2008, 01:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

gbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

It has been done on the Vogue but not the Titan. Some people have gotten the kernel to boot, but haven't had any success actually booting into a usable system. It looks like Wideawake has had more luck.
Old 05-13-2008, 04:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC6800

warlock is a n00b

Yup, that's as far as I've gotten (and ethereal as well I believe). I see your using angstrom though, but it seems like it isn't getting any further. This mogul really is...well...a curse.
Old 05-13-2008, 10:31 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro (VZW)
Carrier: Verizon

Asphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I'm following this project closely...would be very cool to get Linux on this device...

But if and when it is complete...will it still make phone calls?
I'm not sure there is any software that will do that under Linux...
Is it just a matter of a driver and using it like a standard voice modem?
Old 05-13-2008, 06:16 PM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff

Yeah its cool to see that there is someone else working on this... but I haven't gotten any further and I gave up on it. There just isn't enough RAM on the Mogul to load anything after the kernel.

Comcast EXTREME:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/584166480.png
Old 05-14-2008, 11:19 AM
Founder & Owner
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Ward View Post
It has been done before (I did it with the 6700, following another's guide). I'd love to see a decent guide if this is more stable than past Linux overlays. Keep it up!
Yeah I had linux booted on my 6700 awhile back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphyx View Post
I'm following this project closely...would be very cool to get Linux on this device...

But if and when it is complete...will it still make phone calls?
I'm not sure there is any software that will do that under Linux...
Is it just a matter of a driver and using it like a standard voice modem?
Unfortunately you will not be able to make calls unless someone is to come up with the RIL library for our phone or any others for nix as DZO has stated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherealRemnant View Post
Yeah its cool to see that there is someone else working on this... but I haven't gotten any further and I gave up on it. There just isn't enough RAM on the Mogul to load anything after the kernel.
I think we can get enough RAM with the new "official" ROM release tweaked. I mean I think its something hanging in the kernel thats not letting it load any further than I can get it. But as the other post says Im no Linux expert and still consider myself a b00n in this area.
~Mike
Old 05-14-2008, 12:55 PM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff

Mike, I appreciate your enthusiasm but even when I made a custom 6.0 with Key's kitchen and had 30MB free on boot, I still couldn't get it to work.

I think we're going to have to wait for sd support to come before we'll finish this but feel free to prove me wrong by all means!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan