PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2007, 07:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ToucH
Carrier: Sprint

ScandaLex is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to ScandaLex Send a message via Yahoo to ScandaLex
Audible (Player) Format 4

The Mogul comes with Audible player, but what good is it if it cannot play format 4?

I'm a little bummed about this because audibles site ask you to choose your device. Because all of my audible content is for my ipod, I choose ipod as my preferred device.

Audible Manager allows for transfer to PPC or Smartphone. So I'm sitting here transferring yet another story I just purchased when a pop up windows says, "...yada yada...Format 4 not supported."

I like the Mogul simply because I can use more than one BT device at a time whereas I cant on the 755p, but this thing has way too many limitations.

Things that one would think are basic aren't supported and that makes no sense to me.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:19 AM
Lurker

JDTagish is a n00b
With the included Audible Air program, you can download the Audible content directly to your device without having to use a third party application, like iTunes or the older Audible Device Manager.

Open the Audible Air program, and you will see all of your purchased content. Choose the file you would like on your device, and it will download it for you. On the EVDO connection, it took about 2 minutes to download each part of a 12 hour book. It is at the Format 2, (which as a bonus amounts to only about 8MB for the entire book) and I haven't noticed a terrible loss of sound quality when played through my car stereo, which is where I listen to most of my audiobooks.

Of course, I won't give up my iPod, and I keep the Format 4 content on my external hard drive backed up that way. Because of the Audible Air program, I don't feel compelled to back up copies of the Format 2 content, since I can download & delete content whenever I want to. I also keep my device as my iPod on the actual website, but when accessing the content from Audible Air, it knows which format to use, and I don't have to change any settings.

It also seems to eliminate that pesky device authentication you used to have to go through for PPC's before the over the air program was developed.

Give it a try, I'm sure you'll like it!
Old 08-17-2007, 11:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ToucH
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

ScandaLex is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to ScandaLex Send a message via Yahoo to ScandaLex
JDT, Thanks a lot; works perfectly. Didnt know thats what Audible Air was for.

I'm like you though, I'm not giving up my iPod. I only download Format 4 from audible's site and back up to an external drive.

Thanks for your assistance!
Old 08-17-2007, 07:51 PM
Lurker

JDTagish is a n00b
My pleasure! :P

I love the Audible Air - I have it on all my WM devices, it's SOOOO much easier to authenticate and download my books that way.

Glad to hear you're enjoying it!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan