PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2009, 12:24 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC 6800
Carrier: Sprint

Jesse4 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
issues with call button

Hi, long time lurker, first time poster. Here's my issue:

I own a titan, as does my father and my brother. All three of us have now had the call button (green phone button you push to have the phone actually dial the number) stop working. This must be a reasonably common issue, because while we're not lucky, we're not THAT unlucky. I'm wondering if anybody has tried to open up the phone and fix this issue, and if so, how difficult was it? Has anybody else experienced this? It's really a pain in the rear because most of the dialers expect you to be able to push that button to actually call, and I can't.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:59 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Re: issues with call button

I don't know much about this device. Does it have a touch screen? If so you could probably find a dialer skin that has an on screen send button. Or, you might be able to remap the send button to another key with a registry edit. Good Luck!
Old 06-15-2009, 12:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: i910
Carrier: page plus

mooneyb is a n00b

My titan has the same problem with the call button. I have to push the button down and then wiggle around to make it work. The buttons on my directional pad are starting to have the same problem also. I haven't tried to open it up to figure it out.
Old 06-15-2009, 02:22 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Jesse4 is a n00b

that's how it started for us mooneyb, i could still manage to get it to work by pushing down and wiggling for a while, then it stopped altogether. i'm intersted in the registry editing to change the buttons, does anybody know of a place to read up on doing this?
Old 06-15-2009, 03:13 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Why not just use a dialer with a touchscreen talk and end. The stock version dialer has this.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-15-2009, 05:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC PPC6800 - Alltel
Carrier: Alltel

btonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I could see this causing a problem actually getting TO the dialer from your today screen or wherever.

Here are two possible solutions -
You can use iDialer and map it to a software key fairly easily. Or...
Using a tool like SKTools or Advanced Configuration, map a button to "\Windows\Start Menu\phone.lnk"
Old 06-15-2009, 05:38 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Jesse4 is a n00b

yes, the stock dialer works fine (and i have been using it this way for about a year now). however, after installing a new ROM and 6.5 w/ some visual enhancements, the stock dialer just doesn't look as good (i know, beggars can't be choosers), plus it's a pain in the rear as someone else mentioned to have to go to the start menu and then click on phone anytime you want to dial. that said, i've used a program called aebplus (it's a 14 day trial), and just mapped the green and red buttons to the two softkeys i never use. so far that's working rather well. i'll check out sktools, but this aebplus program is only 7-8 dollars so i'll probably just purchase it as it does what i want. i really just figured that this would be a more common problem, and someone more clever/handy than myself would have figured out how to fix it
Old 06-15-2009, 06:37 PM
cagrant

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Talking Re: issues with call button

the only buttons that work on mine is the power button and the round navi. button , the scroll wheel works on acausion but having said that i created a rom so the items i use most is on the today page. i found a guy who has heard of my problem and saposedly can fix it but it does not bother me .
Old 06-16-2009, 09:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Mogul

srsizzy is a n00b

I have the same problem, but also with a ton of the keyboard keys. basically, the entire bottom row, and a lot of the keys when pushed register several times in a row. the FN key is cracked and doesn't work at all,

I actually can't answer my phone at all; it hangs itself up, I have to hold down the call button to answer it but sometimes it will just hang up after answering. the touch screen option to answer it also just ends the call. most of the time I have to call people back to actually talk to them.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan