PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2007, 06:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

djfujiyama is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
3rd time hard resetting

This is the 3rd time i've had to hard reset my 6800. The first time it was doing that continual reboot loop for like hours on end. I couldn't get it to stop. I finally had to hard reset. I got sprint to replace that phone in case it was a hardware issue.

New phone arrived, installed my software, worked fine for about 2 weeks, then started acting weird again. Would get really unresponsive or would slow to a crawl. Decided to hard reboot.

Worked again for a week. Then last night all of a sudden it froze. I rebooted and when it came back up again as soon as i enter my password i get this black screen with just the start button title bar. Soft Reboot. Same thing. The interesting thing is that the signal strength icon shows no connection. It's like that split circle icon. This time i did a full backup with spb backup and hard reset. Restored everything from the backup. Problem came back. So we know it's some software or config issue, likely due to the 3rd party software.

Here's what i have installed:

TCPMP
MS WM6 RDP
MS Live Search
HTC Audio Manager
MS Voice Command
SPB Pocket Plus
SPB Mobile Shell
SPB Phone Suite
IM Plus
SPB Backup
SPB Brain Evo
SPB Tips and Tricks
SPB Time
Cody Threaded SMS

The last problem seemed to come about a few days after i installed and messed around with pocket mechanic (specifically when i turned on animations) but i dont know if that's related. Too hard to tell. When i removed the app, the issue still remained.

Any ideas?
Old 08-10-2007, 06:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
I had pretty much the same issues you did,the phone froze up about 10 times a day,did a hard reset,it went into a rebooting loop,had to hard reset again to get it back to work,but i haven't had Sprint to replace my phone yet.This morning,I hard reseting again w/o install any 3rd software yet,sofar,it's been 5 hours,no freezes,might be our software either not compatible w/WM6 and something.
Old 08-10-2007, 07:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

yeah my ppc's issues are intermittent so i cant figure out which piece of sw is causing the problems.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

andason is keeping up the good workandason is keeping up the good workandason is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to andason
If neither of you have the newest rom, you might want to consider flashing. I've seen posts that the new rom fixes:

"Its also reported on various boards that the update fixes a volume issue with the earpiece as well as over bluetooth, and a soft-reset loop caused seemingly by the transflash card."
Old 08-11-2007, 05:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

yeam im considering that. I just didnt want to break my live search keyboard.
Old 08-12-2007, 02:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by andason
If neither of you have the newest rom, you might want to consider flashing. I've seen posts that the new rom fixes:

"Its also reported on various boards that the update fixes a volume issue with the earpiece as well as over bluetooth, and a soft-reset loop caused seemingly by the transflash card."
You're right.I flashed to the latest ROM,the reboot loop was gone.The frequent lockups also went away after I uninstalled a app called RhinoLanch,everything seemed quite stable now.Thanks for the advise to upgrade to the latest ROM which fixes the reboot loop problem.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan