PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2009, 09:13 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

jayr0422 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HELP! Friend thinks I sent her crazy texts last night but I didn't!

I wake up this morning to see a friend of mines sent me a text out of nowhere at 1:54am saying "haha you're not funny" and then another at 3:54am saying stop sending me these texts and I'm annoying her and she's gonna file a restraining order and all this other stuff.

The last text I sent her was 10:11pm the previous day, how did this happen? I recently did a hard reset on my phone if that makes any difference. Anybody ever had this happen. I DID NOT send her any texts and when I tried texting her to tell her that but she said she don't believe me cuz everytime she texted me I replied right back. Now, I have had a call get switched with somebody else's before but never texts and the girl will not accept my calls now and thinks I sent her texts which I don't even know what they say!

Obviously I did not do this or else I wouldn't be posting a new thread online about it so no stupid posts talking about I did it or was sleepwalking please.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Big Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to Big Redneck3100
Re: HELP! Friend thinks I sent her crazy texts last night but I didn't!

I have experienced delayed texts before...I mean like hours after I sent the text...i would call sprint and ask them what the deal is and how they plan to fix that. All you can do is show her your text log with the time stamps and hope she understands bro...Sprint is frustrating sometimes. Hope this helps
Old 06-01-2009, 09:27 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Or. someone is using a website (Sprint?) to send the text messages and entering your number as the callback. Might want to change your Sprint account password.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:31 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

jayr0422 is just getting started

She wont even accept my calls and I dont want to call her anymore cuz she has requested that I stop so me continuing would be harassment. I have experienced delayed texts too but this is just crazy cuz she claims there was a response to whatever texts she sent me so I'm really clueless.

And of course Sprint can't look up how many times I texted a number last night without a court order which is stupid. The girl is not a girlfriend but was just a friend but I might have lost a friend now. Sprint is really starting to blow
Old 06-01-2009, 09:35 AM
VIP BABY
Pocket PC: moto driod
Carrier: verzion

madcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonlordoftheround View Post
Or. someone is using a website (Sprint?) to send the text messages and entering your number as the callback. Might want to change your Sprint account password.
+1 good luck in case you need to make her madder go here and really send her some texts http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=67745

btw this my 500th post hehehe
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

Snoman002 is keeping up the good workSnoman002 is keeping up the good work

My question is how this is Sprints fault?
Old 06-01-2009, 10:06 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayr0422 View Post
She wont even accept my calls and I dont want to call her anymore cuz she has requested that I stop so me continuing would be harassment. I have experienced delayed texts too but this is just crazy cuz she claims there was a response to whatever texts she sent me so I'm really clueless.

And of course Sprint can't look up how many times I texted a number last night without a court order which is stupid. The girl is not a girlfriend but was just a friend but I might have lost a friend now. Sprint is really starting to blow
Don't call, text. Send a message through a mutual friend that you are not/will not text/call and that Sprint is tracking the source. Its BS of course, but the perpetrator may get wind of this info and stop. Worst case you may need to change your number which will suck.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:19 AM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonlordoftheround View Post
This is the first place I would start. I've had delayed texts as well but this does not sound like what you are having. I take it these messages were something you probably would not send to her. You may want to check you bill and see if there are no unusual calls and your texts messages do not seem excesive. It may be possible, although extreme, that some one may have cloned your esn.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan