PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2009, 12:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: cricKet

nFiniti is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to nFiniti Send a message via MSN to nFiniti Send a message via Yahoo to nFiniti
iGuidance 09 Questions...

I'm thinking about buying the new iGuidance 2009. But would like to get some updated info from that old 2008 thread at the top. How does it run on the Mogul? Do I need to install a program to start the GPS? And does it come with a Serial that will only allow me to install it on one PPC? I wanted to install it on my Mogul and my brothers TyTN. And then were waiting for the new TP2 to show up and I would like to have it installed on those. Or does it have to be purchased for each device?

Also, do I have to have all the maps for the entire North America continent? Or could I just have maps I want? I only have a 2gb sd card right now. Will upgrade to the largest but thats in the future.

Another question about installation. I am constantly making new roms to try different things out. If I installed this on the SD Card completely, could it stay there and open up without a new installation? Or will it require a new installation?

~Joshua A. Gray
Old 05-28-2009, 10:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC 6800
Carrier: Bell

mcfz is a n00b
Re: iGuidance 09 Questions...

I find the performance slow to be honest with you.

Maybe it is because when I am driving, the GPS does not update quickly enough (maybe a weak signal).
Old 05-28-2009, 02:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Send a message via AIM to nFiniti Send a message via MSN to nFiniti Send a message via Yahoo to nFiniti

What about vs. GoogleMaps? I have no problem using maps in a major city. Because I have cricket. Unlimited Data. But the Data is only inside major cities or wherever there is WiFi.

My brother and I were messing with it and he loved it, but he does alot of traveling, mainly hiking. And I'm a car guy and go to meets all over the country. I want to be able to have the maps on the phone.

I'm worried about picking it up right now because I'm on the Mogul. This one guy with a mogul left it a good review. But I only have a 2gb sd card, and free 23mb of memory after soft reset. From what I read the program is like 15mb itself, and you have to copy 1.6gb of data to your SD Card. I don't want to make my phone sluggish for this. If it will, I'll wait till I get the TP2. Unless my brother wants it now.

Does IG09 still require a workaround with the GPS?
Old 05-28-2009, 03:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC 6800
Carrier: Bell

mcfz is a n00b

No work around. I just enable my GPS, once it locks, I open IG09 and it works.

It is sugglish, I must admit. I have a 4GB card and so space is a non-issue for me at this time. lol

I dont have a datapackage so I cannot comment on googlemaps.
Old 05-29-2009, 03:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

You say you enable your GPS, and once it locks... Could you explain this...? I got IG2009 This morning. I got to play with it a bit, like the Parked Car Locater. A couple times had a low memory error pop up. And I think thats only going to go away once I upgrade to the Touch Pro.

I just click the IG09 icon and wait for a short while for the GPS, and then all of a sudden it locks onto my location. I didn't get any drive time on it, but I did walk around my neighborhood. Noticed sometimes it would show me comming to a turn, and stay there as I'm already onto the turn and then bounce over to where I'm at. Is this what you mean by Sluggish. Maybe this will go away when I get the TP.

It seems that IG09 has better luck with satelites than GM. I only get a max of 5 satelites, and it usually levels out at 3 satelites.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan