PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2007, 10:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

watson540 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Error Code 67 SOLVED (I hope)

I posted this in the free tethering thread but it seems dead so I think this deserves its own thread

I found something out pertaining to this that may be important. I have been hard resetting like heck as well today, messing around with this and the error code 67.

i can confirm what someone else said. when you get error 67, open back up Internet connection sharing and hit connect, it will give you the error 67 again, but before you close the program HIT DISCONNECT! then close the program out and your internet should work again!

So all you people that keep getting the error 67 code, its because you need to hit disconnect in ICS before you close the program, then everything should be alright. it is indeed some sort of profile thingy switching around as someone else said.

Makes me wonder what that third registry key is, the one called CheckProfile. i've tried it at 1 and 0, cant tell a difference.

Side Note: For those running linux, you can use activesync and tether using xp inside of virtualbox. When i plug the pda in, I do have native linux drivers that load, namely rndis_host and cdc_ether. Really it depends on which option though. In settings>connections>usb to pc, if you check the box in there, it will act as a network device and load the above named modules. And if i uncheck the box, it will load the ipaq module. So two totally different usb devices in one phone. Anyone who knows how to tether natively and/or has had any luck using synce to tether/sync natively please shout out. Let the real computer literate linux users be heard!. (you can use wm5storage on the phone to make it act like a removable usb device if you just want to transfer files to the phone.) but with the modules already there and auto-loading, i know native capability is there!
Old 09-04-2007, 03:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

coreywilner is a n00b
I've been fighting with this all morning, and this procedure resolved the Error Code 67 issue for me. I had been tethered via USB for hours and then noticed that my ICS connection had gone down and ActiveSync had started. I disconnected ActiveSync and when my phone tried to dial in for data, the Error Code 67 appeared.

Going back into ICS and twiddling as specified above eliminated my issue.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

cobra9777 is a n00b
Thanks for posting. You saved me a hard reset, or worse, a call into Sprint.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker

B18DelSolT is keeping up the good workB18DelSolT is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to B18DelSolT Send a message via MSN to B18DelSolT Send a message via Yahoo to B18DelSolT
what would be the right way to close the program? Settings > memory > Running Programs > then close it out through there, or if i have htc task manager, just connect > Disconnect, and then hold on X till close out the program?
Old 09-26-2007, 10:46 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2/ HTC Snap

Analyzer52 is a n00b
Thanks for posting this solved my problem after spending an hour on the phone last night with sprint and them beign no help as always wanted me to do a hard reset but I refused until I checked the internet for a solution myself. Glad I did guess when sprint calls back I can tell them how useless they are as always.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker

B18DelSolT is keeping up the good workB18DelSolT is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to B18DelSolT Send a message via MSN to B18DelSolT Send a message via Yahoo to B18DelSolT
They called back? Wow thats a first didnt think that they even really cared. It worked for me also, just would like to know which way would be a better route. Thanks
Old 01-20-2008, 10:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Apache
Carrier: Verizon

ReD-DaWg-OnE is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to ReD-DaWg-OnE Send a message via MSN to ReD-DaWg-OnE Send a message via Yahoo to ReD-DaWg-OnE
wow you're awesome, i really didn't think it would work.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan