PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2007, 05:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint model)
Carrier: VZW

TrainSafe is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Outlook Online Address Book

It seems to me I had this working on my 6700 a few ROMs ago, but my memory (human-not RAM) is bad.

Here's my question- With WM6, the ability to look up email recipients from the Outlook Server is built in. I just can't seem to get it to work.

I've plugged in my server name and authentication details into Poutlook. When I enter a name and hit 'check name' my outlook seems to freeze. No menus or functions work, although other applications still work fine. After about 2 min, I get an error box that says "Cannon recognize one or more recipients or the address is not valid. Please check the address information."

It seems like it isn't even talking to my server, but I can't confirm that.

My IT team isn't familar enough with WM6 to help as I'm the first in the company to use it.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:10 PM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive
This only works with WM6 and Exchange 2007. It wouldn't have worked with your 6700 and it should work with your 6800 if you're using Exchange 2007.

I just double checked it (I normally don't have to look users up in my Global Book since I have them as contacts.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:59 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: AT&T Tilt
Carrier: Tmobile

sovalon is a n00b
GAL on 6800

I currently just set up our new 6800s and access to the GAL is working perfectly with no additional setup. We are also only running Exchange 2003. With our Treo 700WXs, this feature did not work, but since the upgrade it seems to work. I didn't believe it either until I deleted all of my local contacts from the phone and outlook. The GAL still worked and pulled names and emails.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:32 PM
Lurker

ecivilized is a n00b
I am not an expert however my 6700 was able to access our global address book and we use exchange 2003, My new 6800 works as well with no set up issue on my end.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:17 PM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive
I guess I never tried with Exchange 2003. I upgraded to 2007 right around the time I upgraded to 2007.

Thanks for the confirmation!
Old 08-08-2007, 11:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

papped is a n00b
It works fine for me syncing to mail2web's exchange server.
Old 08-09-2007, 06:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint model)
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

TrainSafe is just getting started
I did a little more research on this. According to MS's own documents, this feature requires Exchange Server 2007. Our company is running 2003, but I'm fairly convinced I had it working on my 6700 with 2003.

A few of you confirmed that it works, so I guess I'll have to play with it some more.

Thanks for the feedback. You've instilled hope.
Old 08-22-2007, 02:42 PM
Lurker

bstuart is a n00b
Yes this does work with Exchange 2003 SP2. I have deployed 47 Treo 700wx's and have only had issues with 3 of them not being able to browse the GAL. I am still looking for a solution for their issue.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan