PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2007, 07:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

watson540 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Tethering, ##778#, and EPST app question. another way?

i was looking through this epst app since i was already in there fixing my slow ringer. i got the idea from the reg tweaks thread.

Anyway i had a queestion here. i was looking through all the tabs. and i saw this

M.IP Customer profile. there are 2 of these enabled. the default and profile 1.

the M.IP im assuming stands for mobile ip. Each of these has an NAI option in them.

in the default profile, under NAI it has my hex ESN number with -at-hcm-dot-sprintpcs-dot-com following after it. so it would look something like this...
357F1789-at-hcm-dot-sprintpcs-dot-com - following me so far?
the next profile. M.IP profile 1 has something different under the NAI option. it has my first initial and last name with 07 at the end followed by -at-sprintpcs-dot-com - so if my name was bob jones, it would look like this
bjones07-at-sprintpcs-dot-com
Im pretty sure at this point, that one of these profiles is for internet on the phone, and one of them is for tethering. Looks that way
So my question would be, what if i changed the NAI option under the default profile (tethering profile?) to the same as the NAI option under the profile #1?? or vice versa, i might have them mixed up. It looks to me that along with the registry tweaks, this may or may not give us tethering for sure. Does anyone have any knowledge on this?? if so please elaborate

please note that the -at- i put in here equals the 'at' sign , the same sign you put inemail addy's .. i just couldnt include them cause of forum spam rules . im a new user and it wont let me put 'addresses' in my post yet

another edit. had to trim my post even more. thanks anti spam filter, now i cant put the dot in dot com
Old 08-05-2007, 08:26 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
No that's not for tethering. The first NAI is necessary for connecting to #777 the first time to get provisioned--since your user name is not stored in the phone it must authorize based on your ESN. The MIP 1 is only used once you have been through IOTA successfully.

The tethering NAI is "modem.sprintpcs.com"
Old 08-05-2007, 11:13 PM
dcd
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

dcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIP
exactly. and let me tell you from experience you do not want to mess up the default profile. i wouldnt even change any settings there, doing so will acheive nothing except destroying IOTA. generally, the only way to restore the default profile would be a full firmware flash.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

watson540 is a n00b
thanks for the info, and here i thought i found gold. good think i held off changing anything till i saw a reply.

thanks to those who replied btw

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan