PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2007, 10:56 PM
Lurker

sntmods is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Mogul for Phone as Modem and Bluetooth Sync help

I've been trying to wrap my head around this phone as modem thing. I've tried calling support but they hung up on me.

Anyways, one reason why I got this phone was so I could get away from my slow T-Mobile EDGE connection that i have on my Sony Vaio. Im very new to pocket pc but I've been getting the hang of the layout. Does anybody have any hands on experience about how to setup the phone as modem via bluetooth? Even over USB would be a start. Mind you I actually have the phone as modem data plan so I shouldnt have a problem on the service side of things.

The other issue Im having is trying to setup a bluetooth sync partnership between the Mogul and the Vaio. After I setup all the settings to complete a partnership I still get the "cannot find an existing bluetooth partnership with a pc that supports activesync" error. I have been through making sure the com ports (com 2) match on both devices and the password is entered correctly. Could I be missing something else? I can send bluetooth file transfers to and from each device so I know bluetooth is atleast active.

Thanks for any help. =)

-Dan
Old 07-23-2007, 10:53 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

sntmods is a n00b
bump

Can anybody help with this?

-Dan
Old 08-03-2007, 05:04 PM
Lurker

fuddy is a n00b
PDA NET

the answer is Pda net a magical program that makes tethering actually work. Search for june fabrics pdanet ...you want version 1.8 for windows mobile they give you a long trial period but then you have to buy it. i'd buy it again if i had to, used to use it on my 755p too it runs great

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan