PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2009, 01:24 PM
Lurker

kboy421 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Delayed response - very weird!

I have a Sprint Mogul. Some of the time it works normally, but quite often, all of the sudden, everything has a significantly delayed response. I have to hold down a selection for several seconds before it responds. And what is most frustrating, when writing, I have to hold the stylus down for about 2 seconds, then write the character. If it don't, it doesn't pick up the first part of the letter.

I have tried closing all other programs, doing a soft restart, turning it off then back on, and up freeing memory using SKTools. Sometimes one of these fixes it, but more often, it doesn't, or it starts responding slowly again in a few minutes.

I use it a lot to take notes, but it has become impractical because virtually every time I do that, after a few minutes, it starts running very slowly.

My memory shows 119mb free storage and 10mb free program. Any thoughts on what causes this weird problem?

Thanks for the help.
Old 05-09-2009, 03:46 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: Delayed response - very weird!

10 mb free program memory is low. Try removing some today plugins and see if the program memory improves. Also try changing the settings for keyboard input. Maybe turn off word recommendation and auto correct.
Old 05-10-2009, 10:33 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6800
Carrier: verizon

mikem132 is a n00b

Mine in on Verizon, but probably the same thing. I have the same issues now and then. I generally have more than 10MB of program memory, though. Get Oxio Hibernate or Oxio Closeapps if you don't have them (free). Also, check to see whether Activesync is running. FOr some reason mine starts on soft-reset by itself, and when Activesync is running it bogs down the entire phone. I go into task manager and turn it off---stays off until I reset the phone OR plug it in to sync with the computer.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:46 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

I was going to say to try to use something like MemMaid and see what all applications are being run in the background. I have seen where even though you close apps with a memory manager that there are things still in the backgrund because they may start-up with they system. Also, it will tell you your CPU usage and where are your memory is at.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:00 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Yes, forgot to recommend a task manager to see what processes are running in the backround that can be stopped.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan