PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2009, 02:08 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch
Carrier: verizon

zerodegre is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HELP!! Rainbow screen!! will only boot with usb plugged in.. anyone heard of this??!

My phone is Alltel.. was working fine.... then out of the blue it went to rainbow screen... now everytime i soft reset it goes straight to the rainbow screen and ways "serial" and will not boot...!! However,,, this is where it gets strange.. if i plug the usb cable in for a split second it will soft reset and boot fine! and work fine!! CRAZY.. it does not have to be active synced or anything.. just if it is pluggrd in even for a split second it boots... once it starts booting i can remove the usb cord and its fine... but i cant soft reset without it being plugged in.,. HELP

PLEASE
Old 05-09-2009, 07:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

KcLive is keeping up the good workKcLive is keeping up the good work
Re: HELP!! Rainbow screen!! will only boot with usb plugged in.. anyone heard of thi

Have you put any custom roms on lately? Maybe you should try to use a different unlocker. Just a thought. I had problems with my phone randomly rebooting, and this seemed to do the trick. I know it isn't the same problem, but it might work. Maybe someone with a little more knowledge will chime in.
Old 05-09-2009, 08:42 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: HELP!! Rainbow screen!! will only boot with usb plugged in.. anyone heard of thi

Others have said this is a hardware problem with no fix. You can try a hardreset or rom flash, but.....
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-13-2009, 11:44 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

drgnlover is just getting started

This worked for me (I have a HTC Mogul 6800 and I too was on bootloader (rainbow screen) this is copied from one of imcokeman posts.

Hope it works:
Stuck in TITAN bootloader? Read this!
The Titan is different than most other PPCs in many ways, but one is the key to exiting the bootloader. Most devices you connect to it with mtty and run the command "set 14 0" then reset (task 8 works). On the Titan/Mogul/6800 the command is "set 16 0".

Now the good news for those who don't want to go the mtty route. I have modified the uni_exitbootloader program with this change so that it will work on the titan.

Usage:
Connect phone to USB port, disable activesync and run the exe. If you need more info search for the other stuck in bootloader threads. There are already many tutorials out there for this process, but this is the only tool with the special Titan exit code.

get it here:
ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Titan/Users/Im...tan_exitbl.rar
Old 05-13-2009, 07:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc pro2
Carrier: verizon

johnjay829 is just getting started

My Vz Titan started doing this today also i just called vz and they are sending me a new phone. Sucks because i had it all setup the way i liked oh well.. Almost got an upgrade but they were able to find one more titan to replace me with

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan