PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2007, 05:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch PRO
Carrier: Sprint

Spydc is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Mogul only vibrates randomly

A few days ago, my gf was telling me that her mogul didn't want to play any sounds and that it only vibrated. I advised her to make sure the speaker was set to on, and she said it was. I had her soft reset the phone and the sound was back on again. A few days later, her phone did the exact same thing while we were together. I checked all the settings on the phone and made sure the sound was set to on, but it would only vibrate. Even when I go to sounds and notifications, it would not play any music.

We did a hard reset and I told her to let me know if it happens again. Well, it just happened again today. Has anyone experienced this problem? She has all the same apps and tweaks I have on my phone:

aim 2.0
google maps
opera mobile beta
codyppc threaded sms
htc streaming media
flash player 7
arcosft mms
and the htc x-button 1.5

She just did another soft reset and the sound is working again. I had her uninstall the x-button app just to see if that is the culprit. I guess i have to contact sprint to exchange the unit now.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:53 PM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP
I had some odd issues after installing the modded UK Aim 2.0. I could not get to the phone screen by pressing the green button. When a call would come in, the text that would normally show up in the phone dialer app (name, number, etc of caller) would be overlayed on whatever screen I was using at the time.

I uninstalled the AIM 2.0, rebooted and everything worked again. It might have just been a coincidence, but I think it might have been the cause. Keep in mind this app was not designed for WM5 and was hacked to work correctly on it. Putting it on WM6 may have some unexpected results.

Try uninstalling it, rebooting and see if that helps any. If that fixes it, she should try a different app like Octro or Causerie.

Old 07-03-2007, 11:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Spydc is a n00b
I posted a similar thread at sprintuser dot com and so far I got two mogul owners that posted the same exact problem. So I wonder if there are a bunch of bad batches out there or what. This problem hasn't occured on my mogul but it has happened on my gf's mogul a few times already, and I have aim on my mogul too.
Old 07-04-2007, 03:32 AM
JAE
Lurker

JAE is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to JAE Send a message via MSN to JAE
Mine actually will just vibrate randomly continuously until I soft reset every now and then. Is anybody else experiencing this?

-JAE
Old 07-04-2007, 11:22 AM
Lurker

hall316 is a n00b
I have had this same problem. I think this is the reason my phone died one night when I didn't have it plugged in. When I went to bed it was a fill charge and I woke up to to a dead battery.

The only programs I have installed are Resco File Explorer/ Reg Tweak and Voice Command.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Spydc is a n00b
Well, I contacted sprint ecare and they are sending me a replacement 6800 for my gf. I will report back if it experiences the same issue. Mine hasn't had that problem yet.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:40 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

BiGDoGGy4EvEr is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to BiGDoGGy4EvEr Send a message via MSN to BiGDoGGy4EvEr
its happened to me, when i get calls somitmes it only vibrates and and you dont hear the ringtone. Like everyone else is doing i just reboot it and it will work fine again. Should i get it replaced?
Old 07-04-2007, 12:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Spydc is a n00b
Bigdog, that's exactly what happened to my gf's mogul about three or four times already. The only way to get it back to normal was to turn the phone off and back on again. But that can be annoying and what if it occurs at the worst time when you really need to hear the phone ring. I thought it was only her phone that's why I contacted sprint to get it replaced. It hasn't happened on my mogul yet so i don't know.

What apps or tweaks do you have installed?
Old 08-03-2007, 10:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul 6800

j3phone is just getting started
I have a brand new phone (purchased today) with NO new apps loaded. I am getting the same problem. Vibrate only.

It started after I changed the ringer type.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan