PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2009, 09:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

BortV is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint Mogul keeps hard resetting

My mogul has been acting up lately and has decided to do a hard reset anytime I reset the phone on any firmware except for the stock firmware, or Scott's R4R rom. I used the Titan Reloaded rom a while and now I just tried RyanMogul's rom. Any suggestions to keep it from hard resetting itself?
Old 05-04-2009, 09:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC PPC6800 - Alltel
Carrier: Alltel

btonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Sprint Mogul keeps hard resetting

Which radio and SPL are you using?
Old 05-04-2009, 10:52 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

BortV is a n00b

I'm using radio 3.42.02 and olipro 2.40
Old 05-04-2009, 11:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker

btonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I just re-read your original post, and think I may have mis understood before. Is the phone only "hard reseting" as you say when you flash a new ROM, or does it randomly hard reset throughout the day? Because when you flash a phone, you wipe out all data, causing a similar effect to a hard reset.
Old 05-04-2009, 11:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700,6800,6900,Touch Pro ,
Carrier: sprint

tc32brat is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to tc32brat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BortV View Post
My mogul has been acting up lately and has decided to do a hard reset anytime I reset the phone on any firmware except for the stock firmware, or Scott's R4R rom. I used the Titan Reloaded rom a while and now I just tried RyanMogul's rom. Any suggestions to keep it from hard resetting itself?
I would say flash back to everything stock...relock the phone....take it to sprint, and see if you can get an upgrade to a Touch Pro....
Old 05-04-2009, 11:26 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

BortV is a n00b

It's been randomly hard restetting itself throughout the day when I had those two roms installed.
Old 05-04-2009, 11:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BortV View Post
It's been randomly hard restetting itself throughout the day when I had those two roms installed.
That sounds pretty serious. I'd bring it back to your carrier's store (or call them) and tell them it's been randomly resetting. They should replace it, especially if it's under warranty.

Just a random thought, though. Are you on the stock battery using the stock charger?
Old 05-04-2009, 11:54 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

BortV is a n00b

I'm on the stock battery with a generic charger. This is actually a refurb phone I got in January as a replacement when my first one's USB port got messed up.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-05-2009, 05:49 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

You might try reflashing the ROM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan