PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2007, 09:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint pcs

s2000gtx is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Ring tone Delay ring please help

for some reason my phone take like 5sec beforeit actually give me a notice saying thth a call is coming in. i had plenty of people tell me why do i wait so long to answer my phone call but i them thth my phone just started ringing and they said from there end it been ringering forever.

i read the registry tweak hack but i dont really understand it so can someone please please help me on this

Quote:
18-Change ringtone/vibrate/LED flash characteristics

If you would like more control over how your device rings/vibrates/flashes its LEDs on events, you can can change the Script values of these events. For example, for an incoming call performing 'activate device, play ringtone, wait 3 seconds, repeat':

HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\RingTone0\Script = "apw3r" (REG_SZ string, no quotes)

For performing 'active device, set volume to 33%, play ringtone, set volume to 67%, play ringtone, set volume to 100%, play ringtone (no repeat)':

HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\RingTone0\Script = "ac33pc67pc100p" (REG_SZ string, no quotes)

The following are the full codes available to you. Please note that all the codes are executed simultaneously except after a ringtone play / wait code. E.g. 'v1p' will vibrate and play at the same time, while vibrating for 1 second. But 'pv1' will play the ringtone through all the way first, then start vibrating for 1 second.

a = activate device
cN = set volume to N in percentage max volume
fN = flash notification LED for N seconds
p = play ringtone. Note that this will play the ringtone all the way through before continuing with the next code.
r = repeat. Note that this should be the last code in your Script string, if used at all.
vN = vibrate for N seconds
wN = wait for N seconds. Note that the device will wait this long before continuing with the next code.

NOTE: I tried this on my 6800 and changed the v0 to v1 and now it doesn't have just one long vibrate. v0 sets it to vibrate always.
thth the registry tweak hack i dont really understand it .
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:00 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: AT&T

krohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Does your phone note an incoming call and *then* take several seconds to ring, or do you hear the ring as soon as you get the call notification?

For the former, check that registry key and verify that there is not a wait in the sequence string before vibrate or ring (e.g: aW3pr would activate the phone, wait 3 seconds and THEN play the ringtone - then repeat).

If it is the latter then you likely have the same issue as everyone else, the polling of the towers is slow. That can be changed as so:
Code:
19-FIX THE SLOW RINGER

To do this, you will need your MSL, which only Sprint (or your provider) can provide you. Open up the phone app and dial ##778# (PST). You will be asked to enter your MSL. Enter it, and you will be brought into the provisioning of your phone. From the top left, select Modem Settings. On this page, your Slot Cycle Index (SCI) is how often your phone polls the tower for incoming calls, etc. This value is 1.28 seconds multiplied by 2^value (i.e 0=1.28 secs, 1=2.56secs) with 0 fastest, 7 slowest. The default is 2, but lowering it to 1 hasn't noticeably affected my battery life, and roughly 2.5 second (SCI 1) response time is far more reasonable than roughly 5 seconds (SCI 2)
I changed the polling (SCI) down to1 and don't seem to have issues with latency in ring time or display of an incoming call when calling from my other phones.
Old 08-02-2007, 03:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint pcs
Threadstarter

s2000gtx is just getting started
thank u im goin to try and see if it make a difference again thank u for u help and time
Old 08-30-2007, 07:51 PM
Lurker

highflyin128 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to highflyin128 Send a message via Yahoo to highflyin128
If you have you ringers stored on the memory card, then thats your problem. After so long the card reader goes to sleep. And takes a few seconds to awake when triggered. For best results keep your ringers on the phone itself.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro - CDMA/Raphael
Carrier: Sprint

psychotic is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to psychotic
I haven't had time to put any custom ringtones on mine...
This registry fix for slow ringtones...
does "slow ringtone" refer to how the phone lights up first for about a second before the call even pops up?
Old 08-30-2007, 08:18 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
This is usually a combo of several things:

- Slot Cycle Index (SCI): how often your phone pings the tower for incoming calls (see post #2 above)

- Ringers: size and where they are stored

- Registry hack to remove 3s delay

So the SLI trick is done via a menu and you need your MSL (master serial lock) # from Sprint (usually). I don't know about the 6800 and if it can do this. The faster it pings the cell tower, the better response time:

Read here --> LINK

The second part is obvious: large ringers and/or on the storage card = slower to load

The third is this hack on WM5 at least. It's inthe payware program Tweaks2k2. I'm sure you can do it manually, but I don't know the reg entry:

Old 08-30-2007, 08:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro - CDMA/Raphael

psychotic is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to psychotic
ok, so my registry settings unmodified probably have the ringer wake/activate the phone, wait 3 seconds, then ring/notify.
thats why it lights up before the call comes in
Old 05-08-2009, 12:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

informeration is a n00b
Re: Ring tone Delay ring please help

I have a touch pro from sprint. I was having this problem also, but i called sprint to get my msl# and changed the SCI (slot cycle index) from 2 to 0. Go to your phone keypad and enter ##778# and the screen will come up. Go to edit, type in your MSL#, then find your modem settings, and then SCI.

Also, since the HTC dialer is so damn slow, i went into my registry and turned it off. here is the registry...

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Security/Phone/Skin]
"Enabled" = dword:1
change the Enabled value from 1 to 0 which will disable the HTC dialer.

My phone now rings almost immediately! I have an mp3 ringer not a wav, and i can have my phone on vibrate and ring without delay now. I also use a slide to unlock program for a keyguard feature. Very nice! It's in a cab file attached if anyone wants to try it! Hope this helps!
Attached Files
File Type: cab slide2unlock.cab (622.2 KB, 6 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-08-2009, 07:38 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Hey bro, not to burst your bubble but did you realize you are trying to help on a thread that died back in 07? LOL

Nice try though.
Old 05-12-2009, 04:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: verizon

FASTEDDIEZR90 is a n00b

Cant Thank Enough You All For Great Work And Help

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan