PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2007, 01:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

BustedNuts1 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anyone else missing their first couple rings?

Whenever I receive a phone call, I am missing the first 2 rings. From the caller's phone, it has rung 3 (or more )times, while on my phone it has only run once. I am using the 5 button HTC today screen and have no programs running and am using one of the default ring tones.
Is anybody else experiencing this?
Anybody know how to fix it? Suggestions?
Old 08-02-2007, 01:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

eb3604 is just getting started
i think it has to do with the slot cycle. theres a few posts about it. you need your msl code. then you dial ##pst# edit the slot cycle from 2 to 1. more specific directions in the registry tweak post i think
Old 08-02-2007, 01:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6800

HobbesIsReal is keeping up the good workHobbesIsReal is keeping up the good work
From the Tweak thread's OP:

Quote:
19-FIX THE SLOW RINGER

To do this, you will need your MSL, which only Sprint (or your provider) can provide you. Open up the phone app and dial ##778# (PST). You will be asked to enter your MSL. Enter it, and you will be brought into the provisioning of your phone. From the top left, select Modem Settings. On this page, your Slot Cycle Index (SCI) is how often your phone polls the tower for incoming calls, etc. This value is 1.28 seconds multiplied by 2^value (i.e 0=1.28 secs, 1=2.56secs) with 0 fastest, 7 slowest. The default is 2, but lowering it to 1 hasn't noticeably affected my battery life, and roughly 2.5 second (SCI 1) response time is far more reasonable than roughly 5 seconds (SCI 2)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Threadstarter

BustedNuts1 is becoming a great contributor
And how do I get my MSL? Do I just call up sprint and ask them? Will they freely give it to me? What department do I need to speak to? Thanks in advance, I really do appreciate it.

(what does MSL stand for?)
Old 08-02-2007, 02:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

auto_exec is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedNuts1
And how do I get my MSL? Do I just call up sprint and ask them? Will they freely give it to me? What department do I need to speak to? Thanks in advance, I really do appreciate it.

(what does MSL stand for?)
Easiest way is to download this program (I believe it works for HTC phones, definitely works on my 6800):

http://ppcgeeks.com/download,id,1864.html

Credit goes completely to isosdcftp for creating this utility. You input your Hex ESN number (found on a sticker underneath your battery, or on the original box) and it outputs your MSL/SPC (MSL = master subsidy lock, I think).

Note: HEX ESN is case-sensitive, I believe.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:56 AM
N00b

np512 is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to np512
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
From the Tweak thread's OP:

Quote:
19-FIX THE SLOW RINGER

To do this, you will need your MSL, which only Sprint (or your provider) can provide you. Open up the phone app and dial ##778# (PST). You will be asked to enter your MSL. Enter it, and you will be brought into the provisioning of your phone. From the top left, select Modem Settings. On this page, your Slot Cycle Index (SCI) is how often your phone polls the tower for incoming calls, etc. This value is 1.28 seconds multiplied by 2^value (i.e 0=1.28 secs, 1=2.56secs) with 0 fastest, 7 slowest. The default is 2, but lowering it to 1 hasn't noticeably affected my battery life, and roughly 2.5 second (SCI 1) response time is far more reasonable than roughly 5 seconds (SCI 2)
I dialed ##778#, but instead of PST, it is EPST. Then I clicked on "edit," it asked me for the password, so I assume it's the MSL (which was generated by the program auto_exec posted, but it tells me that I have invalid password....

Am I doing something wrong??
Old 08-03-2007, 04:00 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PRE & Touch PRO2, but now Evo

dutchman71 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardutchman71 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardutchman71 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
It is case sensitive, make sure you type you esn exactly as it shows on thr phone, ie all caps
Old 08-03-2007, 10:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

auto_exec is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchman71
It is case sensitive, make sure you type you esn exactly as it shows on thr phone, ie all caps
^^^ what he said. Make sure any characters in the HEX ESN you enter into GetSPC are capitalized (otherwise it will generate a different, incorrect MSL).

Has anyone that's done this tweak actually noticed any difference? I tried testing as follows:

1) with SCI='2' (default), called my cell from my home phone and counted how many rings it took before my phone activated and rang

2) changed SCI to SCI='1', called my cell from my home phone and counted how many rings it took before my phone activated and rang

I didn't really notice any difference.......
Old 08-03-2007, 10:51 AM
What I do is a Lou Thang
Pocket PC: Incredibl / Bold
Carrier: Verizon

wowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to wowthatisrandom Send a message via MSN to wowthatisrandom Send a message via Yahoo to wowthatisrandom
its normal for it to ring 2-3 times on the callers end b4 it ever comes thru to you cell phone... its always dones this... the slot cycle changes out often your cell phone checks for an incoming call/message, which could help if you caught it at the beginning of its cycle
Old 08-03-2007, 01:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

hperry is just getting started
If you read up on the CDMA protocol, it clearly states that slot cycle is controled by the base station (tower) and NOT by the phone. I don't think changing this on our phones has any effect on ring reponse time.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan