PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2007, 01:40 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

tridge is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Please try to answer my question before mods close my post!

I had a thread open because I want the "X" to exit applications when I hit it. My post was closed before anyone answered my question and the moderator who closed it did so without even pointing me out in the right direction!

YES I HAVE USED THE SEARCH FUNCTION! Try it yourself, search for "x button" and "x button and exit" you will find yourself just as lost as I am.

Please, before my post gets closed for "being asked too many times" at least point me out in the correct direction and then you can all motion to have an advanced search function so that new members can actually search for things properly before they post!

Thank You!
Old 08-01-2007, 01:44 PM
No charge for Awesomeness
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Musicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIP
I used the search function on the forum and found this thread in the Titan Forum:

http://www.ppcgeeks.com/help-with-x-...c+xbutton.html

Edit - I searched for "HTC X-button", and this thread was on the second page.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: NA
Carrier: at&t

EnJaNir is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to EnJaNir Send a message via Yahoo to EnJaNir
This is what you want

http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...7&d=1180055077
Old 08-01-2007, 02:41 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Threadstarter

tridge is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman247
I used the search function on the forum and found this thread in the Titan Forum:

http://www.ppcgeeks.com/help-with-x-...c+xbutton.html

Edit - I searched for "HTC X-button", and this thread was on the second page.
Thank you for your reply, I have raised an issue with a moderator about telling new members to use the "search" function when it is so very weak of a function. It would take a new member years to search by "key words" for a function they did not know by name. Notice you did "HTC X-button" and got results, I used "x button close" and got none... We need to have an advanced search function if we are to tell users to use it first prior to posting!
Old 08-01-2007, 04:16 PM
No charge for Awesomeness
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Musicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIP
If you check the stickies at the top, the very first one says that the server is having problems with 503 errors and the search function. Just bear with the Mods and Admins while they try to sort all this out.
Old 08-01-2007, 04:24 PM
dcd
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

dcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIP
you are a weak searcher! dont blame the search function because you arent able to find information as easily as everyone else in the world. I learned about htc x-button by searching this site in the first hour I had my phone. Why is it so hard for you to do the same thing? I am only flaming you here because when you opened one thread, you were told the proper procedure here and it was closed, and you had the audacity to open another one complaining about it. You do not belong in the forums until you learn how to use the search function. If you think its a weak function, you're an ignorant user.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

nmeister is a n00b
While I dont think there is a problem with the search function, I do think it could use some upgrades. I wish there was a 'search this thread' option.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:19 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool
What do you think the purpose of the FAQ is, or in the case of this site, the wiki? Your question is possibly the most-asked question of all time in the Pocket PC realm. Shouldn't you have looked there first?
Old 08-01-2007, 07:28 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

WitnessX is just getting started
I ran a search myself with the terms "Close Application Button." Found exactly what you needed. While the Search tool could use some additional functions, try varying your search terms for better results or Search For All Terms before complaining. If you searched for "Button" you my as well search for "Phone" - you'll get a zillion hits here.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ToucH

ScandaLex is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to ScandaLex Send a message via Yahoo to ScandaLex
Unless you all were born with built in search features, how dare you for coming down on someone JUST because they didnt use the words YOU used to search.

Man, I'm so tired of this; even when the mods do it. PPCGeeks is truly NOT the only forum I come to and I've been to plenty of them that have better search features than whats used here.

99% of the time, when I search, NO MATTER WHAT ITS FOR, I get the SAME damned results each time; none of which HELP me.

Some of you have become so HIGH tech and MIGHTY that you forget to treat each other the way you want to be treated UNLESS its another member more technically advanced than YOURSELF!

I CAN believe that the OP searched. But check this out, he or she doesnt have to prove to any of us that they did or didnt.

Climb down off your thrones!!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan