PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2009, 10:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Gulanowski is keeping up the good workGulanowski is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Watch live sports

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman8 View Post
There is a piece of free software called Orb that works with most tv tuners. You can download the software for free at www.orb.com
Snowman,

I read about Orb a few hours ago and have been playing with it since. Seems like exactly what I'm looking for. Unfortunately, I'm at school and my computer with the TV tuner is at home. Won't be able to try this out till Saturday because finals are this week. I probably shouldn't be doing this **** with finals this week, haha.

Thanks a ton guys, this will be some serious icing on the cake for my titan. Had the phone for almost a year this May and this TV streaming will be sick. Definate bragging rights around my friends haha. Darren, PM in your inbox bud, thanks a ton.

Last edited by Gulanowski; 04-27-2009 at 10:03 PM.
Old 05-31-2009, 02:36 PM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulanowski View Post
Unfortunately, I'm at school and my computer with the TV tuner is at home.
I've used ORB for years, it works great.
Another program you may find useful is Teamviewer. It's free and it lets you log in to your home computer from anywhere and control it as if you were there. I usually leave it running in the background, if I forgot to start ORB or want to do other things like download a show, I use Teamviewer, log in to my HTPC, download a show, then start ORB. Then log in to ORB and Stream it!
Old 05-31-2009, 07:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro II/ Sprint 6800/ Sprint 6700
Carrier: Sprint

Silent Assasin is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I have used Slingbox for years with great results. Orb is also an option, but make sure your card is compatible with streaming tv, via Orb. Some cards are not compatible. I would suggest going to their forum and seeing what cards have been successful.
Slingbox for me has been great because unlike Orb, the computer does not have to be on to stream video. Orb requires the computer to be on and Orb running in the background.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan