PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2007, 01:00 AM
Lurker

jadium85 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
sd card upgrade

ok im im not gona lie, im a noob to the whole pocket pc world so please explain like you would explain it to a retarded child thanks, now heres my question, I got the mogul and i got this 2gb sd card and I want to install it, how do i go about that without deleting everything and reinstalling or is that my only option? thanks
Old 08-01-2007, 01:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Bell Mobility

fablife is just getting started
Do you already use a card with program installed on it? If so I think you can simply copy all the content off the old card to the new one.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:50 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

jadium85 is a n00b
yea i got all my programs installed on the memory card so how would i go about getting it on the other one
Old 08-01-2007, 08:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

jaak is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadium85
yea i got all my programs installed on the memory card so how would i go about getting it on the other one
There are two ways (actually three, but I'm just going to cover the two easiest ways).

The first way is to connect your Mogul to your computer (assuming you've installed ActiveSync). Use Windows Explorer to navigate to your Mobile Device storage card (which shows up as a sub-folder on your mobile device). Copy all the files from the storage card to a temporary location on your computer.

Insert your new card into the Mogul. Copy all the files you saved back to your new storage card.

The second way is to do the same procedure using a memory card reader (this works if you don't use ActiveSync or possibly Windows). Again you just copy all the files off your old memory card to a location on your computer. Insert your new card into the reader and copy all the files back to the new card.

Insert the new card back into your Mogul and you're done.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:01 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

jadium85 is a n00b
ok i did the switch and just my luck it says, usb device not recognized, i dont understand why it would even say this, i just changed the card and put everything that was in the old one into the new and reset the phone. but here is another weird thing about it, if i wait a couple of minutes it connects to the phone eventually, im confused

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan