PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2007, 12:56 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700
Carrier: Sprint

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Please read before upgrading Telus to wm6

If anyone with a p4000 still running wm5 is willing to try something that could potentially be very helpful for ROM building please try the following:

UPDATED: REALLY REALLY Easy method!!!! Just run one file and then PM me!

1. Get file from ftp:
ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Titan/Users/Im...SPL_backup.zip

2. extract Mogul_SPL_backup.zip and run SPLBackup.bat
It will show a dos window with a bit of information and show:
Initializing.................
-When complete you will see a program called Haret on you're PPC and the cmd window should close (it won't start a RUU update don't worry).

3. PM ImCoKeMaN letting me know that it's on the FTP so it doesn't get overwritten and so i know who to thank.

Old method:

1. connect phone to pc via usb activesync

2. copy haret-0.4.8.exe to device
(can be obtained here: ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Titan/Users/Im...aret-0.4.8.exe )

3. run netstat on pc to find the IP of the activesync connection mine was:
(ipconfig /all shows mobile device as 169.254.2.2 that is PC side)

4. start haret on phone and click "Listen for network connection"

5. telnet to <device IP> port 9999
ex: telnet 169.254.2.1 9999

6. After connection is made run the following command to dump bootloader:
pwf spldump.bin 0 0x40000

you can also use help to show what other commands are available

This will create a file named spldump.bin in the folder on your PPC where you ran haret from. Once you have this file please copy it to your PC and upload to the FTP and/or this thread

Last edited by ImCoKeMaN; 03-14-2008 at 06:59 PM.
Old 07-27-2007, 01:07 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
This goes to anyone who might still have one of the Sprint pre-release units that had WM5 as well... in fact we might be even more interested in what those have since they weren't publically released.

Here's your chance to help out with the effort to get custom ROMs on these puppies. It's important to get a hold of as much of this stuff as possible. And once you upgrade to WM6, your WM5 stuff is gone forever.

So please step up if you can. Tech abilities are a plus but Cokeman can walk you through the steps if you're a n00b.
Old 07-27-2007, 06:39 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Come on guys this is painless--I promise! Even for n00bs we are talking 10 minutes or less to do everything. If you still have a Titan/6800/Mogul/P4000 with WM5 (from ANY carrier) please help us out.
Old 07-27-2007, 11:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

andason is keeping up the good workandason is keeping up the good workandason is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to andason
I emailed a person who is selling one on ebay with wm5. I pointed them to this post.. maybe they will perform the dump before they sell the phone. : )

By the way.. if everyone wants to donate some cash I'll buy the titan with wm5 and mail it to one of yaw. or vise versa reversa vise
Old 07-28-2007, 12:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

rawr is a n00b
i could possibly talk to a manager of a telus store i know and see if i could perform the dump on one of the store units
Old 07-29-2007, 02:39 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700
Threadstarter

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Ok everyone i made this even easier now!! Please if you have WM5 or know anyone that does have them run this while the ppc is connected via activesync.

It will do all the steps that the old method required even uploading to the FTP . Don't be scared of the .bat file or the haret window, they are what do all the work.

Who knows you might be providing the missing link for making custom roms work on a Mogul and a kitchen would be sure to follow.
Old 07-29-2007, 09:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Bell Mobility

fablife is just getting started
I already did the upgrade, but if I have to swap my device I'll be glad to help out where I can.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:46 AM
dcd
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

dcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIP
i thought one of the moderators here had already obtained a full dump of the pre-release sprint mogul?
Old 07-29-2007, 11:48 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
This is for the WM5 rom version that came with the Telus P4000. Yes, we have all versions of WM6, but the bootloader is different in the Telus version.

If you have been helped by me or would like to support developers like Olipro, helmi_c, and others please feel free to Donate

ALWAYS FLASH BACK TO YOUR CARRIER'S OFFICIAL ROM BEFORE TAKING YOUR PHONE IN FOR SERVICE OF ANY KIND

Old 07-29-2007, 01:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

Paragon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularParagon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularParagon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Hey guys, I just noticed this thread. My P4000 is already running WM6.0 but the connector is busted and won't connect so I'm waiting on a swap which will hopefully be in tomorrow...while I'm out of town for the day. When it arrives I will gladly do this. It won't likely happen before Tuesday though...sorry. This is assuming that the swap unit is still WM5.0, which I'm pretty sure it will be.

Dave

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan