PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Mogul Died! Only a week old! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=6642)

garberfc 07-31-2007 07:27 AM

Mogul Died! Only a week old!

I used it last night before plugging it into the charger. This morning I slipped it into my pocket and here I am at work and it won't start.

Other than removing the battery, is there any way to reset it? Is there a reset button somewhere??

TIA,

F :cry:

B18DelSolT 07-31-2007 07:33 AM

there is a soft rest button right underneath the storage card try that, if no go, just get it replaced :lol: no biggie

garberfc 07-31-2007 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B18DelSolT
there is a soft rest button right underneath the storage card try that, if no go, just get it replaced :lol: no biggie

The reset button had no affect. I guess I'll just call my friendly overseas CSR :roll:

Cicatrize 07-31-2007 08:57 AM

Try a hard reset first by holding the two soft keys in while pressing the reset button. If that doesn't work, I'd take it to a Sprint Store. Phone CSR is a last resort.

Scrotum 07-31-2007 11:54 AM

It sounds like the battery may be dead, i know i've been having problems with the charger, sometimes it will not register that it is connected and i have to mess with the plug to verify that it is indeed charging
________
Multisquirter live

Koga 07-31-2007 01:22 PM

I had a similar experience with my Mogul. It wasn't dead yet but was almost out of battery power. I noticed the orange charging light was off.

Figured either the charger or the unit was defective. I plugged the Mogul into my laptop using USB and this gave it enough juice to work for awhile. Then I took it and the charger into the Sprint store where they were able to prove the charger was bad.

Five minutes later I walked out of the store with a new charger (no charge) and was a happy camper!

Hopefully this is all that happened to you.

aughsum 07-31-2007 01:46 PM

i too am on my second mogul.. neawrest corporate sprint store is an hours away so i went the mail route..

bad gpu/gpu connections..

garberfc 07-31-2007 10:41 PM

Good news! I got the PPC home and plugged it into the charger. The same charger it was plugged into all last night. The "Notification LED 2" immediately glowed red and the power button would not power up the PPC. I let it sit like that for several minutes and then it would power up.

A Sprite backup had been scheduled and missed because of the lack of power. It automatically kicked off and ran to a successful completion. The backup does several resets so it took about 10 minutes before it was actually usable.

All is well once again...

papped 07-31-2007 11:09 PM

Sounds like it just didn't charge from before.

You have to let it charge for a few mins once the battery is dead to turn it on, that or charge it a bit, unplug the power cord, turn it on, replug in the power cord.