PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2009, 12:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro-GPS
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

Rangerdave is keeping up the good workRangerdave is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Confirmed-Verizon has no Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcolling View Post
I received a "refurbished" xv6800 last week from Asurion. It could not read my memory cards! I called them back and asked them to replace this defective replacement unit with a NEW 6800. They checked stock and found that they still had new 6800s. They sent me one of those, and it arrived Friday. It is indeed a new one and it works fine. I'm personally ok with staying with the 6800 for now, especially because I have accessories for it like a proclips car mount that probably wouldn't work with a TP or other alternative phones.

- Tim
I wonder if that was one of mine. The second to the last one I sent in wouldn't read the card.

RD
Old 06-12-2009, 03:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon

ryangod is just getting started

I have a replacement coming, I'll you know what it is on Monday.
Old 06-12-2009, 03:53 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Yes they have titans because they repair the ones returned to them. I got one 2 weeks ago.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-16-2009, 02:06 PM
Lurker

Anyone send in a Titan with a few small knicks on the lower right corner? It's mine now. Function key works for now. Has anyone with Verizon received a TP as a replacement?
Old 06-20-2009, 05:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

I can confirm Verizon still has titans, I called them the other day (button problems), the people had a hard time finding them at first but, then he said he found tons of them (his exact words).

Oh, well, I do still like my titan, it does everything I need. WOW played with 6.1 for a while (just activated my replacement phone), can't believe I actually liked it comaired to 6.5....major difference. 25 min later, I am unlocking it and putting 6.5 on it...
Old 06-30-2009, 01:29 PM
Lurker

My refurb lasted less than a week, stuck at the verizon boot screen. This is getting annoying, I'll expect the 3rd phone to fail. Has anyone had success escalating to a supervisor to get a better phone?
Old 06-30-2009, 09:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: titan

JRB73IN is a n00b

I called in yesterday to get mine replaced, it has a white spot on the screen and the main problem is the usb plug is real loose and has started loosing connection, the woman at verizon had to give me attitude and tell me that if there where any signs that it had been dropped that they would have to charge me for the new phone, then she's like are you sure you want me to send you a new one, like she actually thinks I was gonna say no I'll just keep the f'd up one. I did have a couple of nicks in it, but nothing some 600 grit sand paper wouldn't remove, now it just looks as if the color has rubbed off . They called all the local stores here in Indianapolis, but no luck so they said they would send me a refurb one. I asked about getting upgraded to the TP and she was real nice about that and said oh sure we can let me check on that, came back and said ya we can get you one, you'll just have to pay the 2 year price of 349. I was like wtf I just paid that in Nov. for the 6800, I was like no, I don't think so. You all know why they suddenly have a stock of 6800's, There employee's have been turning theres back in for the TP's.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:50 PM
VIP Member

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRB73IN View Post
I called in yesterday to get mine replaced, it has a white spot on the screen and the main problem is the usb plug is real loose and has started loosing connection, the woman at verizon had to give me attitude and tell me that if there where any signs that it had been dropped that they would have to charge me for the new phone, then she's like are you sure you want me to send you a new one, like she actually thinks I was gonna say no I'll just keep the f'd up one......
Nothing new....I've been with verizon for something like 12 years now. I have had to go to the corporate officesa few times due to a problem with their customer service. For the money I pay them, their customer service is the worst about 75% of the time...

Last few times have been pretty good but, over the years and the BS i went through, I would still rate them the worse customer service of any company I have delt with.....
Old 07-28-2009, 02:27 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

cali_rail is a n00b
Unhappy Re: Confirmed-Verizon has no Titans

Verizon still has them..... My new xv6800 should be here tomorrow.
Old 07-30-2009, 04:22 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali_rail View Post
Verizon still has them..... My new xv6800 should be here tomorrow.
Yep, I'm going on my 4th now.... So far every referb I have gotten has had some issue. I hate the quality control with Verizon. My phone should be here in a day or 2.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan