PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2009, 02:59 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon

sfpt154 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Dismissing reminders and alarms

Recently I have been having a problem dismissing the reminders that have been set up in outlook. Also the alarms won't always turn off. This happens about 90% of the time, where I have to soft reset phone to make it disappear. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you in advance
Old 04-23-2009, 09:00 AM
VIP Member
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
Re: Dismissing reminders and alarms

You can try using MemMaid to remove duplicates......
Old 04-23-2009, 09:30 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2 & EVO
Carrier: Sprint

BenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuff

When you say "turn off," do you mean that you have to display the alarm more than once before the tap to dismiss it is recognized?
Old 04-24-2009, 02:55 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

sfpt154 is a n00b

Thanks guys for the responses. What I mean is if I have a doctors appointment and set it to remind me 1 hour before, the reminder sounds off and a little box comes up with the info on the appointment. Then there is a dismiss button in the bottom left corner of this box that says dismiss. I used to tap the dismiss with the stylus or whatever and it would stop, disappear and that was that. Now about 90% of the time there is no response when I hit the dismiss button. It is like this one part is frozen, everything else works. The only way to get it to stop and disappear is a soft reset. I have tried all other combinations of buttons that I could think would have anything to do with it but nothing works
As a side note I use G-Alarm as an alarm clock and have no problems with that program.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lori
Old 04-24-2009, 07:41 AM
VIP Member

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Have you tried to remove all the alarms and soft reset and then go back in and add them back in to let the notification que rebuild itself?
Old 04-25-2009, 02:02 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

sfpt154 is a n00b

Yes, I tried deleting all the alarms and then doing a soft reset. It changed nothing. It wouldn't have helped anyway since alot of the reminders are from calender appointments.
It is looking like my only option is to contact tech support. I have tried the local verizon stores for some other problems, but most of the reps don't have a clue how to work the XV6800.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:52 AM
VIP Member

Get MemMaid and go to Notifcation Queue and delete your duplicates if any. Either that or find another app to manage your alarms to see if that app you are using is causing issues.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:51 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

sfpt154 is a n00b

Thank you all for your suggestions.
Weedahoe, the program with the reminders is Outlook Mobile.
I think my next step will have to be tech support and see what they have to say.

Lori
Old 04-29-2009, 03:19 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6700

jackstraw is a n00b

If you have an updated ROM using Kitchen or other Roms, Then I have run into this problem before. This is Definetly a software issue. You need to hard reset or try a different combination of Rom and Screen locking program. It always in my case was sus2 or device lock that was my culprit. Sometimes it banged heads when I used a different dialer. there are other calanders out there as well. but my suspicions lie with a program clash. You should tell us if your modified the ROM at all and what proggys you use.

What would JESUS Do?

Old 04-29-2009, 12:53 PM
VIP Member

IDK that I would go as far as a hard reset just to fix one conflicting, bugged or misconfigured application. Thats a bit extreme for most people like myself who have so much data invested in the device.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan