PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2007, 05:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Sprint

tacotime is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Please help with files transfers

One of the first rules of posting is always search before positing a question. Having felt like I cheated on my best girl, I searched other forums and did not find the answer that I was looking for. As the saying goes " you always go back to your on true Love", so I need to ask the best forum out there to help me with a file transfer problem.

When I had a 6700 and was connected to my XP system with a USB cable, I was able to manipulate files, using XP's file explorer, between the phone and the computer.

Now, I'm using a 6800 and linking up to a Vista computer. I can only see 5 folders on my phone when I exploring on my computer. When I use the explorer on my phone, I am able to see all the .tsk and .cab and all other system files.

I want to be able to transfer files from my computer to my phone. If anyone knows a fix to this problem, please let me know. In addition, please post "step-by-step" instructions . I'll appreciate any help anyone will provide.

Thanks,
Taco
Old 07-23-2007, 05:46 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
I don't have Vista, but you can see hidden folders on XP by going to Tools - Folder Options - View Tab - and then enable Show Hidden Files and Folders.

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 07-23-2007, 06:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus
Speaking of file transfer problems, anyone notice that sometime copying a file over takes forever?

Also, and I think this might be a SD card issue, I will copy and paste a cab file over into \SD\Cab Files (my folder) and then try to install a cab and I get an unsuccessful message.

This does not happen though when I put a cab file in AS's My Docs folder...

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...
Old 07-23-2007, 07:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

CJ00TA is a n00b
as already mentioned, unhide hidden/system files and folders.

I'm running Vista x64 with no file copy issues to the phone.

Yes, Vista file copy can be slow.. don't I know it. It's *almost* bad enough to go back to XP

If MS could fix that issue, I'd be a very happy Vista power user
Old 07-24-2007, 02:28 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

tacotime is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pibe38
I don't have Vista, but you can see hidden folders on XP by going to Tools - Folder Options - View Tab - and then enable Show Hidden Files and Folders.
I know about hidden system files and activated this option as soon as I installed the OS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ00TA
as already mentioned, unhide hidden/system files and folders

Yes, Vista file copy can be slow.. don't I know it. It's *almost* bad enough to go back to XP

I'm running a 32 bit Business Edition of Vista. After reading the resposes, I went as far as uninstalling the Windows Mobile Device Center and it's update and I still couldn't read my phone's files from my computer. The following folders, under the root "/" directory, are the only ones I can explore:

1. Application Data
2. Conn Mgr
3. Documents and Settings
4. My Docs
5. My Memos
6. Pictograms
7. Program Files -- with these sub-directories
Audible player
Connections
IOTA
Windows Media Player

I'm sorry for the list, but I don't know how to do a screenshot. I really have a bunch of downloads and files I wish I could insatall. Oh, one more thing, should i re-install the Win Mobile Device Ctr.

Thanks,
Taco
Old 07-24-2007, 05:11 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

tacotime is a n00b
Bump ...

Am I doing anythig wrong or is anyone else having this problem
Old 07-26-2007, 12:27 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
find me in the chat room sometime

If you have been helped by me or would like to support developers like Olipro, helmi_c, and others please feel free to Donate

ALWAYS FLASH BACK TO YOUR CARRIER'S OFFICIAL ROM BEFORE TAKING YOUR PHONE IN FOR SERVICE OF ANY KIND

Old 07-29-2007, 02:50 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

tacotime is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacotime
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pibe38
I know about hidden system files and activated this option as soon as I installed the OS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ00TA
as already mentioned, unhide hidden/system files and folders

I'm running a 32 bit Business Edition of Vista. After reading the resposes, I went as far as uninstalling the Windows Mobile Device Center and it's update and I still couldn't read my phone's files from my computer. The following folders, under the root "/" directory, are the only ones I can explore:

1. Application Data
2. Conn Mgr
3. Documents and Settings
4. My Docs
5. My Memos
6. Pictograms
7. Program Files -- with these sub-directories
Audible player
Connections
IOTA
Windows Media Player

I'm sorry for the list, but I don't know how to do a screenshot. I really have a bunch of downloads and files I wish I could insatall. Oh, one more thing, should i re-install the Win Mobile Device Ctr.

Thanks,
Taco

O.K., Ladies & Gentlemen:

I re-installed the Win Mobil Device Center. I 'm still only able to see the files/folders that I listed above. If anyone knows what I can try or can see something I'm doing wrong, please let me know. I'm even thinking of re-installing Vista or going back to XP. All I want to do is exchange files/folders between my laptop and mogul

Thanks,
Taco
Old 07-29-2007, 11:13 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 1
Carrier: 2

gustaf is a n00b
Well, I have the same setup as you (6800, Vista Business 32-bit) and don't seem to have this problem.

I have WMDC 6.1.6965 - the initial version didn't work. I setup the sync manager and so every time I plug in my phone I can go to Computer -> My Smartphone and browse \ and Storage Card directories.

Playing with the hidden folder options in Vista doesn't seem to do anything to the listing in my device, so maybe it's a setting on your device. I've probably done a lot of the random registry tweaks listed in the sticky, maybe something like the unlock hack has to be applied? Or some other setting you played with that I didn't?

Sorry if this isn't very useful, but not being able to replicate something makes it hard to solve.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan