PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2009, 08:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Qwest

Steezy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
still have qwest

Hello all, quick noob question, but i still have a qwest cell phone plan, and when i switch over to verizon, (or someone else like sprint) can i keep this phone and run it on the other network? sry if its been answered!
steez.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:28 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv-6800
Carrier: Cricket

DenverDev is a n00b
Re: still have qwest

you should be able to by flashing a new, carrier specific rom onto it....do some searching for unlocking the Qwest phone, seems to me that I read that Qwest is a bit more difficult to unlock and get the MSL etc.....GaMedic has a great tutorial on unlocking and flashing in general, but search for unlocking the Qwest
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:26 AM
cagrant

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

i finally got my msl code for my quest ppc 6800, getspc does not work for these cariers, but if any one has this problem heres your solution, first you must have reg. editer. google it , second, The surefire way to obtain the MSL code from your Mogul (Thanks to Geoff aka gZUB @ PPCGEEKS:

* Change the following registry entries in:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\ATDbgLog
Enable: 1
LogMode: 1
* Wait a reasonable amount of time and soft-reset (I have noticed that it seems to take longer for this value to take affect, so if you reboot and the registry values are not changed, then you need to do it again and wait longer)
* Check to see that the file \Temp\ATDbg0.txt has been created.
* Return the values back to what they were (most likely 0) waiting the same amount of time as above.
* Look in the ATDbg0.txt file and you should see a log of commands sent to the CDMA radio and there should be something like this somewhere in the file:

Code:

11:9:3 Tx:AT+HTC_RMSL=0\r
11:9:3 Rx:+HTC_RMSL: 354201\r\n0\r

11:9:3 Tx:AT+HTC_ROTKSL=0\r
11:9:3 Rx:+HTC_ROTKSL: 216112\r\n0\r

* The numbers next to the Rx: +HTC_RMSL line should be your MSL... I do not know what the ROTKSL is for, but included it in the snippet incase someone knows.

i posted this in another thread, metro pcs flashing and modding, but i know how it sux trying to locate info on here. great place just hard to find.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:41 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I doubt you will be another provider to add the esn number of your current phone to their system.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-22-2009, 03:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Qwest
Threadstarter

Steezy is a n00b

Sweet, thanks cagrant.

But drew, you say no one will accept my esn?
Old 04-22-2009, 03:37 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

No they won't add your esn to their system so the phone can't work on Verizon and I doubt Sprint also. Or if they do say they will add the esn it can be a weeks or months process without any updates.

Last edited by drewcam888; 04-22-2009 at 03:39 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan