PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   ActiveSync - Can't get it to connect? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=6580)

garberfc 07-29-2007 08:37 AM

ActiveSync - Can't get it to connect?

I couldn't install ActiveSync from the dist CD b/c of it's setup complaining about not having the correct version of Flash installed.

I downloaded AS 4.5 from MS and installed just fine. I just can't seem to get AS to see the Mogul. I rebooted both devices, turned off my virus detection and firewall software on the PC. In AS, I did a File->Connection Settings...->Connect... and it shows me the USB is available.

Any thoughts??

TIA,

F

fablife 07-29-2007 08:59 AM

Is AS giving you a error code? if so, try to google the error code.
p

jamesus 07-29-2007 10:35 AM

Try soft reseting your Mogul and restart your computer.

garberfc 07-29-2007 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fablife

AS doesn't even know the PPC is connected. No error code.

Although, when I run the AS connection tester, it complains that I don't have a default email client defined. I don't use it, but I do have MS Outlook installed and that's what pops up when I click a mailto weblink.

garberfc 07-29-2007 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fablife

AS doesn't even know the PPC is connected. No error code.

Although, when I run the AS connection tester, it complains that I don't have a default email client defined. I don't use it, but I do have MS Outlook installed and that's what pops up when I click a mailto weblink.

garberfc 07-29-2007 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamesus
Try soft reseting your Mogul and restart your computer.

I tried, didn't make any difference. Maybe I'll install the AS software on another PC to see if it illuminates the Mogul as the source of the problem.

randav2 07-30-2007 07:06 AM

Sounds like the same problem I had at first. Try this:

On your device go to settings> connections> USB to PC. Uncheck "Enable advanced network functionality.

ekim524778 07-30-2007 12:02 PM

im not having that problem but something similar, i cant get my contacts to synch from outlook 2007 to my mogul, it ays something about opening another profile in outlook... but i dont never see that option to do that

cali310 07-30-2007 12:24 PM

I was having the same problem so I connected AS via bluetooth...no more problems.

11111 08-03-2007 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by randav2
Sounds like the same problem I had at first. Try this:

On your device go to settings> connections> USB to PC. Uncheck "Enable advanced network functionality

I was having a problem on my 6700 it would just say retrieving data. This fixed it. Thank you