PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2007, 02:22 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

rstcso is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hey viperboy. I noticed this happening on my phone and, with the help of another Mogul owner, determined the conditions this symptom can be duplicated. When the screen is off and it comes on prior to getting the notification, if you open the message app before you get the official notification, the led will continue to blink orange, even after reading the message. If you let the notification go through its routine and then open the message, the led will always go back to flashing green.

Added: It will also do this if the message app is open and I get another message.

PS. I do have a VM and haven't cleared it. I will and see what happens. Thanks.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul

bitslizer is a n00b
did you have a VM recently?

back on my 6700 I had similar issue

try this

goto

start -> setting -> phone -> services -> voicemail -> clear

if it was due to a stuck VM notifications(just the LED) that should clear it
Old 08-01-2007, 07:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

signothefish is keeping up the good worksignothefish is keeping up the good work
If you have SKTools, run "FreeUP RAM" and make sure everything is selected, including "Close all tasks", then hit "OK". After it's done, the amber light should stop flashing, assuming you don't have any valid active notifications.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:07 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

rstcso is a n00b
Update:
Since bitslizer mentioned the VM stuff, I cleared mine and haven't had a single unsolicited (for lack of a better word ) orange led or failure to turn green. Thanks bitslizer.
Old 09-10-2007, 12:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6800

datapusher is a n00b
I got stuck on the new text notifications. no matter what I did it would say 1 new text. I deleted all old texts, deleted the sent ones etc. I ended up uninstalling the threaded SMS and wa-laa... problem solved. May not be your issue, but thought I would chime in. Also might try clearing voicemails. Sometimes I have to manually do it, other times i have to call back to voicemail and then it goes away. Even when there are no new voicemails. But all my sprint phones have had that issues. Almost a delayed voicemail clearing. Sorry if this makes no sense, I'm exhausted and am going to bed.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon XV6800

PinzPilot is a n00b
Re: FRIGGEN ORANGE LED!!

This phone is full of bugs when it comes to the LED's!!! I've been looking for someone on every board I can find to please fix the ORANGE LED so it will blink when I receive/miss a MMS. So far no luck. All of you XV6800 owners just check this out on your phone. It won't work!!

And then, less than an hour ago, I went to the park with my son and left my phone in the truck. I was gone for about an hour. When I get back, I look at the phone and the LED is blinking GREEN so of course, I think I don't have any messages. WRONG!!! I look at the phone and I have 4 missed emails!!!! This is stupid!!! Verizon told me again today to call UTStarcomm (which I've already done 5 times) and I'm gonna keep calling them every 15 minutes every day if I have to (I'm retired) until I get an explanation or a resolution to all of this nonsense. And if that doesn't work, maybe a letter from a lawyer. I'm as serious as a heart attack about this crap. This is an expensive phone and I know many of you want the LED's turned off. But, I just want them to work properly and none of us should be having LED or message issues. Sorry for the rant, but I feel like I've paid Verizon to be a beta tester for this phone. Enough said I guess.
Mark

Last edited by PinzPilot; 02-29-2008 at 09:41 PM.
Old 02-29-2008, 10:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon XV6800

PinzPilot is a n00b

Viperboy,
I'm not wanting to steal your thread, but I can't seem to be able to make a new post (Moderator-why can't I?). Anyway, your post is somewhat relevant to my issue, so if I offend you, I sincerely apologize.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm making this post in hopes that one of you really intelligent tech guys can solve this problem. So, here goes:

I have a new Verizon XV6800 with NOTHING installed on it that would cause this problem. Stock out of the box.

On the Verizon XV6800, if you have received/missed a MMS, the Flashing Amber Light will not appear so you can be notified of missing the MMS. To the best of my knowledge, all XV6800 owners are experiencing this same problem when missing a MMS??

Under Start>Settings>Sounds & Notifications>Notifications>Event[Messaging: MMS Downloaded or New MMS], the phone will not allow you the option to check "Flash light for" to turn on this feature?? (See thumbnail)

I have gone over this with Verizon and UTStarcomm several times and every XV6800 that they have tried does the exact same thing and they really don't care at all.

Again, I hate to be redundant, but the issue is:
On the Verizon XV6800, if a MMS is received/missed, unless you are right there at that very moment with your phone in hand and receive a ringtone(if you've set it up that way), then you will NEVER see a FLASHING AMBER LIGHT notifying that you've missed a message. Only the normal GREEN FLASHING LIGHT will be displayed and leads you to believe that you have not missed a MMS.

This only happens with MMS. Any missed emails, text messages and/or phone calls will all cause the FLASHING AMBER LIGHT to come on.

Can anyone on this forum tell me if there is there a way to fix it??
Thanks for your help. Mark
Attached Images
File Type: jpg New MMS Flash light Disabled.jpg (9.9 KB, 16 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-04-2008, 06:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

rehab5656 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to rehab5656

get nueLED..you can change it
Chuck Norris qualified with a top speed of 324 mph at the Daytona 500, without a car
Old 03-04-2008, 08:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro/Vouge

cardriver is keeping up the good workcardriver is keeping up the good work

late reply. but do you have quick menu and if you do the show on all tabs setting for the battery/mem could be your problem.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

malinda21 is a n00b

Mine does it if I open a text message before the alert is finished playing through. It usually goes away on its own as I get new messages or a missed call.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan