PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2009, 09:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: VZW - 6800 - The Titan

LilKittieKatNY is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy New to this type of website and new to the VZW 6800

I'm very much new to this, but as i was researching the web for advice on my phone, this seemed the most knowledgeable so I decided to give it a try, since it's honestly my last hope.
Not long ago my boyfriend got me the VZW 6800 as a get well present, I work a lot so it's a great tool to have to stay in-touch and be online, but I've come across some issues I can't resolve and the tech support team in store and over the phone can't seem to help me with.
One thing is of course the sound quality is very poor with this phone, I've read the many pages on how to improve it, but I'm a complete idiot when it comes to this, who can only understand step by step. If anyone can help me with that, I'd be very happy. Now the real issues lies with my Jabra 8040 V.S. The 6800. Since the sound quality of the phone itself was poor..and New York State greatly frowns upon cell phone usage on the road I got a wonderful Jabra 8040, there have never given me an issue, but with this phone it's all I've had. For the last two months it's been an endless fight. I can't tell you how many times I've re-programmed the phone, removed the battery, ANYTHING to try and keep the Jabra connected to the phone, but it just wont stay connected. Here's what happens, my phone connects to the Jabra 8040 with no issues, but sometimes when i first send a text message the wireless stereo would lag, once it starts to lag the wireless stero automatically disconnects, I've tried to re-connected just the wireless stereo, but my phone wont do it. Once the wireless stereo disconnects and no longer works the headset function goes, when make/receiving calls the sounds comes from the phone, after selecting "Turn Handsfree On" the call and phone will freeze for a minute or two, then it looks like it's connected but theres static and the sound is breaking up as though going under a tunnel and then you have no choice but to hang up the call since it wont work. Then I have to go into settings > connections > bluetooth> select the Jabra 8040 and delete it and have to re-connect again, which wont stay connected for long, maybe an hour, two tops, I was lucky once it stayed connected for 5 days even when the bluetooth came off the charger it would automatically re-connected, but then it will do the same thing, the wireless stereo will disconnected then when make/receiving calls the headset will be breaking up then disconnected and so on so fourth. The 6800 as NO issue finding the Jabra or any other devices onetime i was in my car and it picked up 3 other cell phones in cars next to me, it's just the two wont stay connected and function for a long period of time, and over the two months of having the phone, it's just gotten worse.
At first I thought it was the Jabra, till I spoke to my older brother who as the same version phone (just with AT&T) he stated he had similar issues with his Motorola blue tooth and phone, but he made the connection when the WI-FI was off. Excited, I gave it a try, it connected with no issues, sounds came in fine, calls made/received perfect..for an hour then once a text was received/sent the wireless stereo would lag then disconnected and the hands free wouldn't function properly. He said I should try a "Hard Reset" that's when I went online and found this website, after reading about the Hard Reset, I'm a bit nerves about doing it to my phone, due to the fact that my wonderful boyfriend forgot to get the warranty on the phone and for some reason verizon wont replace it (I already tried that).
So, I come to this website in desperate need of help from people who know what there doing. If a hard reset is what is needed then I'll do it, but for now I can only hope someone has heard or dealt with this issue before and can help me fix it without a hard reset. Please help..

Thank you for reading!

Love,
Kittie

P.S. what's a soft reset?
Old 04-23-2009, 08:55 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: New to this type of website and new to the VZW 6800

What is your current rom and radio version? under device info in settings.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:01 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: New to this type of website and new to the VZW 6800

A soft reset is like rebooting your pc.

A hard reset will wipe the phone clean, it will be like you just got it. You want to be sure to backup your contacts and a good app is PIM Backup.

This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan