PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2009, 08:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC-6700
Carrier: AllTel/Verizon

markjjordan is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
PPC6800 AllTel with AcbTobbleBt sounds horrible

I recently thought I would upgrade my phone to an HtC PPC6800, previously using a HTC PPC6700. In all, I am satisfied with the phone, except that I am discovering the horrible bluetooth sound quality when playing my podcasts through my Motorola bluetooth earpiece.

This same earpiece had excellent sound quality on the ppc6700 for listening to podcasts. I searched ppcGeeks forums, and even tried building my own ROM to see if maybe that would make a difference from the stock one, but still am experiencing grainy, staticy-sounding audio coming through the earpiece.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to here them. Otherwise, I might just have to try a different model of phone as the sound is just unacceptable to me.

BTW... I've tried some suggestions that have been mentioned, such as sampleRate and other registry entries... none seem to make a difference, though.

Mark
Old 04-23-2009, 11:02 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC-6700
Carrier: AllTel/Verizon
Threadstarter

markjjordan is a n00b
Re: PPC6800 AllTel with AcbTobbleBt sounds horrible

Maybe I'm the only one that has this problem? Maybe I have a defective 6800. I guess I should look at replacing it, then. I surely hope that the 6800 bluetooth sound is not this much worse than the 6700. It really does sound unacceptable horrible.

Off to ebay to see about a backup/replacement unit.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC PPC6800 - Alltel
Carrier: Alltel

btonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: PPC6800 AllTel with AcbTobbleBt sounds horrible

I've used my 6800 with both a traditional hands-free headset (some entry level Plantronics model) and a pair of decent athletic bluetooth headphones (Motorola S9). The Motorola sounds phenomenal, and the Plantronics sounds...well, just like a crappy bluetooth headset should. :-p

Does your headset support the high end protocols? Also, make sure that you have a ROM with the proper bluetooth protocol enabled. I think it's called A2DP, and (please forgive me if I am mistaken) some of the early stock and custom ROMs didn't support it. I currently use the Windows Mobile 6.5 ver 21202 beta 1.0 by TPlane37 available here and it works:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=497303

I'd try attaching the phone to a different headset, and the headset to a different phone. Trying a different ROM may help, too. I'd do all this to isolate whether the problem is the phone hardware, ROM or the earpeice.

Good luck!
Ivan

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan