PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2007, 02:01 AM
Lurker

kamra is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Slingbox Discussion

Hello all, I'd like to hear everyone's input on the current Slingbox issues with the Mogul.

For those of you unaware, there seems to be playback problems resulting in choppiness and loss of sound sync.

There hasn't been a whole lot of discussion online, but there seems to be reported issues coming from the Slingbox forums (sorry, I can't post a a link here yet).

The general consensus seems to be that there are compatibility issues with the processor, the Qualcomm 7500 CPU 400 MHz (even though the Slingplayer Mobile's requirements only ask for 104 MHz). The program requires 10MB of free memory to run, and I have about 25MB free when playing.

Don't get me wrong--the video is watchable, for sure. It just doesn't have that consistent smoothness I've seen on other phones. One would imagine that Sling will address this issue in the next update to the software so I did a live chat with a technician about it and he claimed that currently the Mogul isn't "officially"supported by the software. He further instructed me to check back for updates. However in the meantime in certainly forces me to rethink about whether registering my trial version is worth it right now. (Also, I'm using Slingbox AV)

Please add your thoughts on the topic and share if there's been any workarounds or settings tweaks that seem to be effective.

Thanks
Old 07-28-2007, 02:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

DAMBRO24 is a n00b
sling box

I too have this very very bad sound sync problem with my slingbox. I know that many have it as well because , I have a 6800, my girfirend has one my friend has one and my trainer just got one and I have seen the slingbox work on all 4 and guess what same issue. they need to fix this issue fast and not release software fr wm6 until it is ready.
Old 07-28-2007, 03:14 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4g
Carrier: Sprint

Tenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Tenny
Slingbox works well for me, but I am only connecting within a Wifi with the slingbox on the wifi's network. I am using a Slingbox Classic. After a few seconds it syncs and i typically get around 20-30fps with no audio sync problems noticeable.

I made a few changes to mine:
Forced High action
Video Res: 320x240
Old 07-28-2007, 04:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

knives of ice is just getting started
i make a thread about this a few weeks back asking if anyone had figured out settings hoping it was just a setting in slingplayer mobile that i could update. i've tried everything and in comparison to the 6700 the mogul isn't close slingplayer wise.

the biggest problem is the slight sound sync problems. even if i'm averaging 350kbs and 25fps it won't sync up properly. the video is not as smooth as the 6700 either, even after adding files to the windows directory like others have suggested in various threads about the slingplayer. i don't get it.... right now i think the problem has to be on slings end.

has anyone tried old slingplayer software on the mogul before the new wm6 update? most wm5 programs i have work fine on the mogul, maybe the older versions would actually work better than the newest one.

also, till the problem is fixed there are lots of cracked versions of slingplayer floating around. i paid for mine but i actually had to use a cracked version when i upgraded since i was tired of waiting on hold forever to get my new activation number that i already paid for yet needed a new one when upgrading to wm6
Old 07-28-2007, 12:12 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

kamra is a n00b
Hi all and thanks for replying. Yes, the fact the Slingplayer performs very well on the 6700 is quite frustrating.

I also think looking for the WM5 version of the Player might be a good idea as well.

Any other ideas and/or thoughts are greatly appreciated.

The saga continues...
Old 07-28-2007, 02:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

eb3604 is just getting started
the wm5 version is the same as wm6. As far as downloading slingplayer prior to the wm6 version being released, it didnt work which is why they rushed a new version out. I bought a slingbox pro and was dissapointed with its quality so i returned it.

My hunch on why it sucks on the mogul is that slingplayer probably uses directdraw.
Old 07-28-2007, 02:47 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

kamra is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by eb3604
My hunch on why it sucks on the mogul is that slingplayer probably uses directdraw.
Directdraw? What about it compromises playback on the Mogul? Furthermore, what is directdraw?
Old 07-28-2007, 03:25 PM
Lurker

wesexcellence is a n00b
I also have a 6700 w/ the Slingplayer installed.
It worked flawlessly.
When I purchased the 6800, I tried to load the version which was playing on my 6700 and my Q.
It didn't work.
I downloaded the wm6 version and it is noticeably worse.
I still have the 6700 and Q so I checked and there is a distinct difference.
BTW...my 6800 version is asking for a reg code.
I was in the first few w/ my 6700 so no charge for that.
Are we going have to purchase the wm6 version when it expires?
Thanks for the info...
Old 07-28-2007, 10:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

:zainy: is a n00b
I am running a slingbox pro and have zero issues with mine. As a matter of fact, I belive it runs better than it did on my moto Q. My experience has been near flawless thus far with the mogul and slingbox.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:38 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

kamra is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by :zainy:
I am running a slingbox pro and have zero issues with mine. As a matter of fact, I belive it runs better than it did on my moto Q. My experience has been near flawless thus far with the mogul and slingbox.
I'd like to see what your video looks like. The more I watch it, the more it becomes acceptable to me, but I am curious for a means of comparison. Can you take a video of it playing on your Mogul?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan