PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Changing Windows Turn On Sound (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=6523)

lowpro3210 07-27-2007 08:15 PM

Changing Windows Turn On Sound

3 Attachment(s)
I wanted to know how to change that windows start up sound? I was wanting to replace with something maybe like this? PLEASE feel free to add your own custom start up sounds (wanna see what you guys got) ... thnx 8)

srtpusher 08-08-2007 02:30 PM

I am trying to do this same thing, but I do not have a startup_sounds.wav file in my windows directory.

srtpusher 08-08-2007 02:31 PM

I am trying to do this same thing, but I do not have a startup_sounds.wav file in my windows directory.

jamesus 08-08-2007 04:07 PM

That was hysterical! Gotta love Krusty!

seeneed4speed 08-08-2007 07:49 PM

startup sound

what you hear is not actually the startup sound it is the sound of airplane mode turning off...

phone on sound (aka startup sound)

HKLM\ControlPanle\PhoneExtendFunction\CDMA\Flightm odeOnOff

edit "Sound_On" (default value "\windows\PhoneOn.wav) change to \location\filename.wav

edit "Sound_Off" (default value "\windows\PhoneOff.wav) change to \location\filename.wavav

to work wav file must be located on the device not on memory card...
hope this helps

srtpusher 08-09-2007 11:31 AM

god... sometimes i really try to make things harder.. i have been trying to change the PhoneOn.wav file, but couldn't... never thought about changing the reg file :lol:

Darkness231 08-09-2007 02:41 PM

Re: startup sound

Quote:

Originally Posted by seeneed4speed
what you hear is not actually the startup sound it is the sound of airplane mode turning off...

phone on sound (aka startup sound)

HKLM\ControlPanle\PhoneExtendFunction\CDMA\Flightm odeOnOff

edit "Sound_On" (default value "\windows\PhoneOn.wav) change to \location\filename.wav

edit "Sound_Off" (default value "\windows\PhoneOff.wav) change to \location\filename.wavav

to work wav file must be located on the device not on memory card...
hope this helps

Should be HKCU not HKLM

Thanks. I hated that sound..

srtpusher 08-10-2007 12:43 AM

ok.. i did that and now i have no sound. are there parameters for the start up? i have a simple wav from wargames "would you like to play a game?" and cannot get it to work :(

grrrrr.... i have renamed the wav file and moved it all around and still cannot get it to play. i wonder if its not in the proper wav format... going to check on that now.

Darkness231 08-10-2007 09:57 AM

Did u just rename it a .wav or did you convert it to a .wav I used a program called wavepad to create mine

srtpusher 08-16-2007 10:00 PM

ok.. its working now.

using regedit

hklm\software\htc\startupanimation

does anyone know how to mess with this?

UseStandardAudio
Volumn
WAVfile

what do these do?