PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2009, 12:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC XV6800

jjfattori is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I suck at life!

Hello PPC Geeks,

Just wanted to start by saying how completely unfamiliar i am with everything in this forum. I've been reading for the last few hours and trying to resolve my issue with no luck.

My XV6800 is doomed. If I'm lucky it boots up and gets as far as the white Verizon screen with the following info:

M09
B03
No Radio
D 2.09

I've tried using Windows Mobile Device Center (for Vista?) and it refuses to connect via USB. Also, after reading up a bit I've entered the bootloader screen (with success) and tried running titan_exitbl.exe with no luck. The error message stated that it could not find a USB connection. Also, the red light of death comes on when I try to charge it.

The bottom line is that I have very important info and contacts that I need to recover from the phone....is this a lost cause?
Old 04-15-2009, 12:36 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: I suck at life!

It looks like you somehow don't have a radio but maybe an intact rom. Your rom appears to be pregps 2.09 so you would need a old radio to boot the phone. I don't know the location of an old radio without a rom. So flashing a radio and rom combination would erase your data.

I suggest taking your losses and do the below.
plug it in and install the stock mr1 rom. http://www.htc.com/us/SupportDownloa...cat=2&dl_id=99

Or extract the RUU rename it properly and put it on a 2gb or under sd card and flash.

Please explain exactly what you did. And maybe next time don't flash without understanding it completely.

Last edited by drewcam888; 04-15-2009 at 12:45 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-15-2009, 12:43 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

jjfattori is a n00b

Please excuse my ignorance, but is it possible to upgrade the ROM or extract the RUU (what is the RUU??) if the device won't turn on? I can't even get my computer to recognize it via USB??
Old 04-15-2009, 12:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid
Carrier: The Now Network

rafyrod is keeping up the good workrafyrod is keeping up the good workrafyrod is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to rafyrod

what i always do, i save my contacts in windows live services because they're save in the msn messenger so everytime i get a new phone a just load windows live and they are uploaded to the phone.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-15-2009, 12:51 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

jjfattori is a n00b

Thanks rafyrod, I will definately take that advice to heart for my next phone. In the mean time, is there any way to extract my contacts from this evil device??
Old 04-15-2009, 12:51 PM
Mr. Chevy

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

If you device won't even turn on you can't do anything. If you can get to red green and blue screen then yes run the rom i gave in the link.
Old 04-15-2009, 12:53 PM
Mr. Chevy

Unless you can find a pre gps radio for your pregps rom then no you have lost everything. Just so you know installing the rom i provided erases everything.
Old 04-15-2009, 12:55 PM
Mr. Chevy

I take no credit if thsi will work. But install this radio and you might be able to boot the phone if it can even turn on.
http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index...TitanRadioROMs Pick the 2.06 or 2.13 radios.

Rename the titan_2.06.0D.nbh to TITAIMG.nbh exactly with caps then put it on sd card and boot into bootloader

Again PLEASE tell me exactly what you did to the phone.

Last edited by drewcam888; 04-15-2009 at 01:12 PM.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid
Carrier: The Now Network

rafyrod is keeping up the good workrafyrod is keeping up the good workrafyrod is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to rafyrod

flash a custom rom (titan one) via sd card but it need to be unlocked first....

i heard that it can be done but i havent try it myself so i recommend try searching with another member thats know how to do it

update sorry after you get your info out of the phone if you want to flash a rom to get it working to the above...

Last edited by rafyrod; 04-15-2009 at 01:30 PM.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:03 PM
Mr. Chevy

Please tell me what you did. IF you want more help people need to knwo what you did to mess the phone up. I am giving you instructions for a stock radio and rom not custom. What version of bootloader do you have by the way?

Last edited by drewcam888; 04-15-2009 at 01:05 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan