PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2007, 01:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Existentialism is keeping up the good workExistentialism is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
D-PAD Broken (And Question on Insurance)

So, my D-Pad seems to do nothing now. I use it often, since the scroll wheel doesn't let me move left or right, and it;s useful for games. Anyone know of any known issues or resolutions for this?

Also, if I can't fix it, is this covered under the Equipment Replacement plan? And if so, I recently used the plan to get a new 6700, then I bought the Titan, can I use the plan again since this is a new phone?

Finally, SPB backup? What does it do exactly, assuming I get a new one, I don't want to go through the hassle of setting it up all over again. Will this back up and restore my setup EXACTLY as is? Meaning mobile shell and pocket plus settings, and well, EVERYTHING.

Thx for any help in advance.
Old 07-26-2007, 02:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Existentialism is keeping up the good workExistentialism is keeping up the good work
C'mon people, I know you at least know about the insurance and SPB.
Old 07-26-2007, 02:37 PM
N00b

TheAvatar is a n00b
Well my talk, End, Windows and OK stopped working and Telus just swaped the phone out for me.

So I think you should not have an issue.. then again this is Sprint we are talking about.
Old 07-26-2007, 02:39 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue

thehelios is a n00b
Im not fully sure about how the insurance will go on the dpad but if you have the plan, guaranteedly they can replace the phone for like $35 or $55. But maybe you'll get a free exchange since its just the d-pad and considered hardware failure not on your part.

On SPB backup, itll basically copy the current state of your phone. Do a backup, but make sure in options you enable the standalone exe. So this way, just copy the .exe and the backup file to your new phone and run the .exe. It should be good as normal.

As a side note: Don't expect answers immediately. An hour is short for a bump. At least wait a day or 2 to bump a topic.
Old 07-26-2007, 02:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Touch Pro 2/Touch Pro/Treo 700wx

jeffH70 is becoming a great contributor
If you have some paying software that uses machine code as registration ID, then you need to obtain new code after restore since the ID will be different with a new phone. When you backup, make sure that all your SD card content was backed up as well. Note that default full backup does not select the external card so you have to check custom to make sure it is selected. If the card is too small to have both content and the backup file, then make sure do a quick copy of your SD card to your PC right after the backup to preserve the state of the card content. Before backup, power off the radio so no email/sms etc comes in to interrupt the backup.

Jeff
Old 07-26-2007, 06:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehelios

As a side note: Don't expect answers immediately. An hour is short for a bump. At least wait a day or 2 to bump a topic.

I'll keep that in mind. I just noticed many views and other threads getting replies, so it really looked as if I was being ignored.

That said, I greatly appreciate your information. You were all very helpful.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan