PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   touch screen changes colour? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=6456)

TheAvatar 07-26-2007 09:44 AM

touch screen changes colour?

Question... I've never noticed this till last night when I was using my phone in the dark.

When you touch the screen it very slightly changes colour for a split sec.

Anyone else noticed this ?

oh and btw .. has anymore had issues with the keyboard starting to come up ? (ie the top rubber layer with the letters / numbers)

CTSLICK 07-26-2007 10:15 AM

Re: touch screen changes colour?

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAvatar
Question... I've never noticed this till last night when I was using my phone in the dark.

I've not used my touch screen in dark settings, I'll try later (if I remember ;) )

Quote:

oh and btw .. has anymore had issues with the keyboard starting to come up ? (ie the top rubber layer with the letters / numbers)

Yes...its my Windows, OK and Tab buttons. Worse...its starting to rub smooth spots my OK and Tab buttons. Not happy about that. May take it to a store and see if I could get a replacement though I hate the thought of rebuilding a new device. I am just getting this one where I like it

TheAvatar 07-26-2007 10:39 AM

yeah mine are the bottum left 3 keys.

shift, windows and OK !

and the Z,X keys are startinmg to bubble up...

arg... this will be phone # 3 if it comes down to me sending it in.

Musicman247 07-26-2007 12:00 PM

Also, if you notice when you use the scroll wheel and go from one link to another the screen will alternate from a pinkish hue to a bluish hue. I'm not sure if this is supposed to happen or not.

TheAvatar 07-26-2007 12:19 PM

Musicman... yeah just tried it and saw wht you are saying... pluss i see it on a friends 6700.

guess thats normal then.. but the key pad ! man does not look good.

icevapor 07-26-2007 12:58 PM

I've notice the screen color changing on my 6800 also. Mostly while scrolling, like with PIE or something. Its almost like a subtitle flicker.

I have an x51v also it does not do that, granted it has a way nicer screen... :D

Maximus192ad 08-03-2007 08:17 PM

Re: touch screen changes colour?

Quote:

I had noticed this when I first started using my Mogul. I am glad to see that others see the same thing and it isn't just me.

Truetek 08-04-2007 03:09 AM

wow! I never noticed that until this thread... But hey, I also forgot about it almost just as fast :P

I gotta dig up my 6700 and see if it does the same thing!

- Truetek

jtrag 08-04-2007 06:52 AM

I have a 6700 and a Mogul and they both do that with the screens. It's normal, don't worry about it.

Regarding the keys popping up, it does that on mine too. It's my OK and TAB keys. I don't believe that is normal. I can see these keys falling off eventually.

I'm tellin ya, the more I use my 6700, the less I like my Mogul. The Mogul is a nice phone, but I'm wondering if it'a acually an improvement over the 6700.

SINNN 08-05-2007 09:47 PM

Honestly i never noticed on my XV6700 from verizon. But i did notice this on my mogul on the first day that i got it. It doesnt bother me too much. I can live with it.