PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2007, 10:43 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Alltel PPC6800

spatterfree is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Alltel ppc6800 crappy internet

Hi all, this is my first post in the site, i tried a few others but they are clueless with my problems....i'll post them separately...
Problem one...My alltel ppc6800 that i resently updated to WM6 has very crappy internet, like internet is connecting and trying to do somehting and after loading a few pages it just displays this page cannot be found and i refresh a few times and all i get is the modem disconnects and says that username or password is wrong....is there a fix for that error? i know it's worthless right now because i can hardly use it and most of the time i really can't open a page...please let me know what i can do to fix this error...
the connection i'm connecting to is the #777 that alltel has in the phone through cell line that uses minutes.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: VERIZON

GREGHARKINS is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to GREGHARKINS Send a message via Yahoo to GREGHARKINS
I have Alltel new rom and all is good. i get blazing speeds on EDVO.
what page are you trying to go to. Test that same page from a computer and seee what happens.

YOu might want to change yoru home page to something else other than the default alltel page to something like google. that page is pretty blank and loads pretty fast.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: DROID
Carrier: Verizon/Alltel

Midnght_J is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to Midnght_J Send a message via Yahoo to Midnght_J

Yeah I have ALLTEL also with wm6 on my titan and its runs smokin ass fast. My location is Columbia, S.C. i get evdo almost over the whole state.

How to fix your problem....

1)U can call ALLTEL data support and they can check and make sure all your services are on and walk u thru it. or....
2) To do it yourself. your user name is the your number including the area code then the phone number to ya phone @alltel.net
ex.8037777777@alltel.net
Password is alltel or alltel.net I for get which it is. REMBEr to check rember password.
Domain is left blank. Do this and that pesky lil user name and pass are incorrect will never come back.
Happy Surfin Bro
Old 10-11-2007, 04:05 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

spatterfree is a n00b
i actually did that last nite...i had this phone for 2 days now...
i went xxxxxxxxxx@alltel.net the x's are my phone number and password was alltel and it's still doing the same thing.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

AFAngryWarrior is keeping up the good workAFAngryWarrior is keeping up the good work
hate to say it but its definitely your phone, alltel here too with blazing EVDO speeds on the Gulfcoast (MS). NEver had faster internet on a phone since WM6 MOgul. Wouldnt trade it (not yet). I'd take your phone back and have them give you a new one.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon (via Alltel takeover)

answerman is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by spatterfree View Post
... all i get is the modem disconnects and says that username or password is wrong....is there a fix for that error?
Actually, I might have an idea (another Alltel user here).

How is the signal? Is it jumping back and forth between Ev and 1X when this happens? Reason I ask is that you might be right on the fringe of an Alltel native area, switching between native Alltel and roaming on a partner who Alltel doesn't have a data roaming agreement with (currently the only data roaming partners are Sprint and Verizon).

I see this in my area (Wisconsin) when I go to Green Bay and my phone latches on to roaming on Cellcom (a local provider) who doesn't have a data roaming agreement with Alltel. I've also seen it when roaming on US Cellular, and when I'm in Ontario. The reason it gives the "username and password incorrect" error is because you don't have permission to data roam on the other network.

When this happens, call data support (#DATA or #3282) and they can tell you whose network you are on. That might go a long way toward explaining it.

Or, it could be something else entirely but I have seen it happen as I explained it above.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:20 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

spatterfree is a n00b
well, i'm not sure if i'm on alltel tower.....but the signal is jumping from one notch to 2 notches and the phone disconnects at times, i don't even think theres evdo here at all. but i think i'llgive that number u have there a try....
but i really can't see what they would do about it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by answerman View Post
Actually, I might have an idea (another Alltel user here).

How is the signal? Is it jumping back and forth between Ev and 1X when this happens? Reason I ask is that you might be right on the fringe of an Alltel native area, switching between native Alltel and roaming on a partner who Alltel doesn't have a data roaming agreement with (currently the only data roaming partners are Sprint and Verizon).

I see this in my area (Wisconsin) when I go to Green Bay and my phone latches on to roaming on Cellcom (a local provider) who doesn't have a data roaming agreement with Alltel. I've also seen it when roaming on US Cellular, and when I'm in Ontario. The reason it gives the "username and password incorrect" error is because you don't have permission to data roam on the other network.

When this happens, call data support (#DATA or #3282) and they can tell you whose network you are on. That might go a long way toward explaining it.

Or, it could be something else entirely but I have seen it happen as I explained it above.
Old 10-12-2007, 12:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: VZW

scottishwarrior is keeping up the good workscottishwarrior is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to scottishwarrior
Spatter did you do *228 option 3 after updating to WM6? If not try that and then do *228 option 2 in that order. It sets your phone to your local alltel system and then the second part updates your Preferred Roaming List (PRL). I had to do that after upgrading because I was always roaming.

Jay
Old 10-12-2007, 01:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon (via Alltel takeover)

answerman is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by spatterfree View Post
well, i'm not sure if i'm on alltel tower.....but the signal is jumping from one notch to 2 notches and the phone disconnects at times, i don't even think theres evdo here at all. but i think i'llgive that number u have there a try....
but i really can't see what they would do about it..
Actually, what I should have asked was "is the phone switching between roaming and not roaming?" (is the triangle appearing).

I'd wager a small amount of money on the roaming issue... that you are roaming on a network other than Alltel, Sprint, or Verizon.

To test this yourself, do this:

1. Open FieldTrial: on the phone, dial ##33284 and press the green phone button. About six lines down, you will see an entry for "SID #".... it will be a number from 1 to 5 digits long. Remember what that number is.

2. Go to this page on my site: http://www.the-answerman.com/sidlist/index.asp and click on "SID List". About halfway down the page, you will see a box where you can enter the SID # you got from FieldTrial. Click the "Search" button.

3. Assuming it's in my database (it's not completely up to date), it will tell you what carrier that SID belongs to. If it's someone other than Alltel, Sprint, or Verizon, your problem is explained. If not, then my theory is incorrect.
Old 10-12-2007, 09:41 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

spatterfree is a n00b
Yes, i did both.....i did option 3 while i was on the phone with alltel when i switched out my treo and the option 2 about half a day later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottishwarrior View Post
Spatter did you do *228 option 3 after updating to WM6? If not try that and then do *228 option 2 in that order. It sets your phone to your local alltel system and then the second part updates your Preferred Roaming List (PRL). I had to do that after upgrading because I was always roaming.

Jay

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan