PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2007, 07:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ToucH
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

ScandaLex is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to ScandaLex Send a message via Yahoo to ScandaLex
Quote:
I read this and thought something else must be going on (like some program running in the background or some other hack, not specifically a problem with the phone).

So I put my phone in flight mode, locked it, and left it alone for 12 hours. It's still at 100% charge (no, it's not plugged in, and yes, it's the new ROM).
As I stated, I had just gotten it. The ONLY thing I had done was charge it. There were no 3rd party apps and nothing running in the background. Basically, it was just a phone until I was able to get back home.

For all I know, it could be a bad battery, but I cant get to a Sprint store until this weekend.
Old 07-27-2007, 07:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6800
Carrier: Sprint

HobbesIsReal is keeping up the good workHobbesIsReal is keeping up the good work
I can cause a huge battery life difference in my own personal usage. For example if turn off the push email, keep my screen lower than 100% bright, turn off BT, don't have apps always updating themselves creating data calls, talk less than 30 minutes a day.....I can go at least nearly 2 days without much challenge.

But when I do all those things listed above plus send a ton of emails, SMS, along with BT stereo MP3 listening, talk an extra 2 hours, a little Wifi, etc...I could be down to only 5 hours or so.

The battery life may not be break any world records, but it is within expectations for what you do with it.
Old 07-28-2007, 04:39 PM
N00b

nsinsinsi is a n00b
I ahve to charge my phone every day at work around 4:00PM, after a full night charge.
Old 07-28-2007, 09:54 PM
Lurker

AzTater is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to AzTater Send a message via AIM to AzTater Send a message via MSN to AzTater Send a message via Yahoo to AzTater
I'm new so please be nice. But what is the difference between soft reset and hard reset?

thanks in advance.
Old 07-29-2007, 12:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: SPRINT

madgame is a n00b
Those having battery life problems. Have you tried turning off the "Receive all incoming beams" feature. Under settings > connections tab > Beam, uncheck the box. My battery last a whole lot longer since I've done that. I do NOT have the new rom.
Old 07-29-2007, 12:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: SPRINT

madgame is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzTater
I'm new so please be nice. But what is the difference between soft reset and hard reset?

thanks in advance.
Soft reset is like rebooting a pc. It closes all programs in the background and shuts down. You then restart with fresh memory, etc. Hard reset sets the phone back to factory defaults, all programs you installed, registry tweaks, contacts, etc are GONE. I'm new to this stuff myself, so someone correct me if I'm wrong.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan