PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2008, 09:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Sprint

aughsum is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
dumb question about charger compatibility mogul/razr

ive got a mogul and a razr 2 v9m. i want to get a miniusb-microusb adapter to eliminate the need for 2 different kinds of chargers. does it matter? will the razr be harmed if i use it on the moguls charger and vice versa?

i dont think it will, just want to verify.
RAZR2 - secondary
_______
HTC Mogul
HTC Apache
a900 -secondary
Motorola i870
Morotola i830
REM Blackberry 6200
REM Blackberry 7100
Motorola i860
Motorola i830
Motorola i730
LG vx6000
Old 04-15-2008, 10:09 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool
Re: dumb question about charger compatibility mogul/razr

It is, indeed, a standard. That said, one may output less power than the other, leading to slower charging.
Old 04-15-2008, 10:18 PM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles

Or if power output is low enough, it might not charge at all, or actually still drain battery (albeit slower).

baf.cc | GPS Toggler | Touch Pro Essentials | Got MSL?
Donations are accepted and greatly appreciated.
Old 04-15-2008, 10:19 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

eehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

If it works. I have a motorola charger that will charge my mogul but the mogul charger will not charge all moto phones. If it works you should be fine but dont cont on it working without trying it. Motorola does does something a bit different with their mini-usb it still maintains compatibility but the charging is funky.
Old 04-15-2008, 10:23 PM
Livin' Dangerously
Pocket PC: Evo!/TOUCHPRO2/ ALSO TOUCH PRO
Carrier: PPCGEEKS SPRINT JUST HELPS ME CALL PEOPLE.

SBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to SBR_L3GION Send a message via Yahoo to SBR_L3GION

i have a mogul and when use different chargers it messes up my some of my phone software but i am also using a custom rom so that might be it.

If I have helped you out or you enjoy my work please feel free to donate.

Helpful ROM cooking Info

How To: Registry edit to .cab
Old 04-15-2008, 10:25 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch

geno_here is a n00b

I use my old Razr's charger on my XV6800. A bit slow, but works fine.
Old 04-15-2008, 10:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP
Threadstarter

aughsum is a n00b

so lower output will charge the mogul slower... the mogul charger wouldnt damage the razr which is probably designed for that lower output charger?
Old 04-15-2008, 11:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone 4, 32GB
Carrier: VZW

Shohan is just getting started

From what I've seen, because I've been trying to find a charger for my Mogul, is that the Mogul wall charger output is 5v and 1A while the RAZR car chargers have been 5v, but anywhere from 500mA to 700mA. (1A = 1000mA) These chargers would, like has been previously mentioned, simply charge the Mogul slower. Now if you were to find a 1A charger and use it on a RAZR it would probably generate a little bit more heat and possibly damage the phone because it's designed for a lower amperage. Of course, I am no electrical engineer. The best solution I've come to find though is the iGo chargers. $30 from Radioshack with a free tip, or $20 from iGo plus $10 for a tip, for the car charger. For $30 from iGo, though, you can get a cool kit that comes with car charger and wall charger, I think it's like $40 at Radioshack.

HTC Mogul > Touch Pro > Touch Pro 2 > Droid > iPhone 4.
Old 04-16-2008, 12:28 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Titan

ccopelan is a n00b

YMMV, but I use my GF's Razr charger reguarly on the weekends with no ill effects. It *does* charge slower, at approx the same rate as charging the phone via a sync cable on the computer. The Mogul charger will *not* charge my GF's Razr, however. It has not caused any problems (I've tried several times), the Razr simply will not charge, as evidenced by both the lack of a "charging battery" icon and by the lack of any positive change in the Razr's battery charge level after several hours of being on the charger. I'm not an EE, and thus have no clue why the incompatibility, but these are the results that I have observed on several occasions.
Old 04-16-2008, 12:38 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Titan (MOGUL)

the_overlord is just getting started

all these phones have smart charging circuits and smart batteries. you can charge your phones safely from any 5V mini USB source. The power supply is not an issue for the phone. As far as the current rating of the power supply is concerned the lower the output the longer it will take to charge. And if the phone is pulling more current then the power supply can put out it will continue to drain the battery even while plugged in. But, there is another thing to consider. That being said, some power supplies have sensing feedback from the phone and will not turn on unless it is plugged into the correct phone.
I have even been able to charge my phone with the power supply from by Motorola bluetooth headphones when it was in flight mode, but it took a while.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan