PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2009, 05:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV-6700,XV-6800, Iphone 3GS-32gig, 4S 64gig, 5
Carrier: Verizon - ATT

sdruid is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to sdruid Send a message via MSN to sdruid Send a message via Yahoo to sdruid Send a message via Skype™ to sdruid
Angry Reverted back to MR2 rom from custom kitchen...

I was having problems with my phone randomly rebooting itself and I flashed it several times with the kitchen with no improvement, so I finally called verizon tech support. They said I needed to upgrade my firmware and directed me to a site when I could download a rom to flash my phone with.
I flashed back to MR2 and the phone works fine now minus all the goodies that come with the kitchen...oh well...
I think I know what went wrong and why my phone kept rebooting but I'll that for later in case I want to go back to a custom rom.
Do I need to downgrade and upgrade every thing again (radio, etc.) if I go back to a custom rom ?
My issue now is that my GPS no longer works. I was having problems with it about the same time my phone was randomly rebooting.
Now that I have a stock rom how do I get my GPS back ?
Now that I have flashed back to MR2, what is the status of my phone ?
Did I lose the radio and the Agps that I flashed before ? where does my phone stand now
- stock rom ? or custom (even though I just flashed to MR2) ?
is it completely a phone with a stock rom now ?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:34 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP
Re: Reverted back to MR2 rom from custom kitchen...

NEVER call Verizon tech support when using a custom ROM. Those idiots don't know trash. What unlocker did you use? If you used Olipro 1.2 that is your problem. You need 2.4, if in the rare case you used 2.4 and this is happening, use NueSPL 2.47.

Since you flashed MR2 you lost your newer radio and GPS. Why you did it is beyond me, please note for the future. Use the forums for help. Everyone here knows more than Verizon support.

You need to look on how to revert your PRI and go to the old WM6 official ROM. There are guides. Search in Google on reverting "PRI 2.03 (Don't rememeber exactly, should catch it) to 1.35.02". Check Setrtings>System>Device info, if 1.35.02 is still in the PRI slot you can flash a new SPL and then radio and kitchen ROM. If not then read on re-locking and reverting, then unlocking and reflashing.

Again, NEVER FLASH A STOCK VERIZON ROM OR LISTEN TO "TECH SUPPORT".

Have fun, if you need more help I can help you out

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Send a message via AIM to sdruid Send a message via MSN to sdruid Send a message via Yahoo to sdruid Send a message via Skype™ to sdruid

I don't remember which unlocker I used, but the device info and PRI show 2.03...
At the moment, I'm only concerned with getting a working GPS....
I hear there are people on the site using MR2 rom and getting GPS, so how do I keep my MR2 rom and get GPS working ?

Thanks...
Old 04-08-2009, 07:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Slorizon

joshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjoshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjoshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjoshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdruid View Post
I don't remember which unlocker I used, but the device info and PRI show 2.03...
I hear there are people on the site using MR2 rom and getting GPS, so how do I keep my MR2 rom and get GPS working ?

Thanks...
I don't like MR2 or MR1, custom Roms are the way to go. If you liked it before you should try it again. Only flash MR1/2 if you are returning the phone for insurance reasons. If you need a refresher, read the wiki from here.

1. Put the preGPS stock VZW ROM on your phone (use nueRelocker and 2.09 Rom), read these instructions here.

2. Install NueSPL 2.47 and then install newest Titan radio here and then install DCD 3.2.6. using these instructions here.

3. You need to hack phone to run Telus aGPS settings from this post here.

It is better if you get your phone on a solid custom rom before upgrading to beta or less stable roms because you may have problems with getting stuck in one of the screens before the OS loads.

Last edited by joshkeller77; 04-17-2009 at 02:22 PM.
This post has been thanked 11 times.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I thought Valhalla gps server was used for stock roms like the verizon instead of the Agps for custom roms....?
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:30 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

Quote:

Thanks...
You need to be sure of what tools you use. You're loucky you didn't run something for another device or anything...

As for AGPS, you can use that with the hack, on a stock ROM. For standalone GPS you need to do the reverting method.

@sdruid: The Valhalla GPS server is aGps for stock ROMs. For custom ROMs you must use QSPT...
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 04-09-2009, 06:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

If I decide to go back to using a custom rom, what steps do I take then to get back using a GPS ?

thanks...
Old 04-10-2009, 11:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Slorizon

joshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjoshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjoshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjoshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdruid View Post
If I decide to go back to using a custom rom, what steps do I take then to get back using a GPS ?

thanks...

Dude, Read my post #4 above. It is step by step with links how you should do it

Let me know if you have any questions along the way.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc pro2
Carrier: verizon

johnjay829 is just getting started

the wiki site is up but the links are not working .. anyone know of another site with the walkthru and pics
Old 04-28-2009, 10:19 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

What walkthru steps are you wanting.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan