PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2007, 11:31 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

cliffordsound is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Music store MP3's sound like 64k files

Ok I don't know if anyone has had this problem yet, but when I've downloaded MP3's from the Sprint Store, they sound very low quality, unlike when I bought them from my Upstage. I've talked to tech support about this and they acknowledge the issue, but I'm unsure if they'll find a real solution. I'm putting this test out to the PPCGeeks world to see what they experience and if there is a fix for this.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:49 AM
No charge for Awesomeness
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Musicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIP
I'm not sure, but I think it is the speaker in the Mogul. When I plug in my headphones the song sounds great. Through the speaker, not so much.

On a related topic, has anyone been able to download the wma's from the Sprint website? I've got the KOZ from the music store, but can't seem to find the place to download them in the digital lounge.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Tour

nebula is keeping up the good worknebula is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to nebula Send a message via MSN to nebula Send a message via Yahoo to nebula
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman247
I'm not sure, but I think it is the speaker in the Mogul. When I plug in my headphones the song sounds great. Through the speaker, not so much.

On a related topic, has anyone been able to download the wma's from the Sprint website? I've got the KOZ from the music store, but can't seem to find the place to download them in the digital lounge.
I am wondering the same thing, I was unable to find a place to download from.
Old 01-26-2008, 11:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

germie is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargermie is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargermie is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
low quality sound through sprint music store

I am also experiencing this issue. I have talked to advanced tech support and they advised me to take my phone to a repair faciltiy. They performed a hard reset and pissed me off because they didn't fix a damn thing. Any help would be much appreciated!
Old 02-02-2008, 01:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung for the "Moment"

pg2k3 is becoming a great contributor
I can't believe nobody figured this problem out yet!

I'm a technical support rep so I still had my troubleshooting face on. I figured it out after 10 minutes of serious troubleshooting and process of elimination.

Nobody probably uses the Music Store but I do especially since they now offer around 30 free classic songs every week. Anyway, back to the solution.........

If you installed the HTC Streaming Media Cab (For Mobile Youtube and RTSP support) than you are most likely being annoyed by a file called EmMp4SbrDec.dll. The touch already supports every SBR version pertaining to MP4 and AAC codecs out of the box. Therefore, this file is causing conflicts with whatever the Sprint Music Store is using. Simply find the above mentioned file in file in the Windows folder and rename or remove it. I recommend using Total Commander for the job.

I did several hard resets trying to figure this one out then I decided that it has to be one of the HTC files doing it as the Music Store playback would go back to normal.

The problem is the Codec installed by that cab is not decoding the low-bandwidth SBR information used to "Reconstruct" the higher frequencies in the Sprint music files (Which are based on AAC+). This makes your 48Kbps files sound like 64Kbps equivalent files rather than 96-128Kbps depending what your listening to.

I hope this helps someone out.
Old 02-02-2008, 02:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

germie is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargermie is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargermie is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
found the file

Tried to delete it, wouldn't disappear...tired to rename it....wouldn't change. Changed the file properties from read only to not, wouldn't change. Tried everything. Am I missing something? What else would you suggest. I miss the dam thing.
Old 02-02-2008, 03:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

There are two copies of the file one in the ROM (HTC/Sprint's Version) and the one placed by the cab. Make sure you delete the one dated for 5/26/2007. I suspect that the version in the cab is for Windows Mobile 5. You cannot modify or change the attributes of a file thats in ROM.

Last edited by pg2k3; 02-02-2008 at 03:23 PM.
Old 02-02-2008, 03:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

The only file I can find is a hidden system file in the windows folder, but I still can't delete it, change it or modify it.
Old 02-02-2008, 04:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Have you installed the Streaming Media Cab? If not, your poor music performance is being caused by some other file and/or program.
Old 02-02-2008, 05:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

nope

i've installed nothing like that.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan